The Retail Coach will partner with designated store leaders and retail teams to observe, monitor, and coach teams to ensure sales and service standards are consistently high and brand behaviors are demonstrated across the market. Through partnership, on the job coaching and follow up, the Retail Coach will ensure the development of the leadership team's skill set to lead and develop their retail teams confidently & skillfully. The goal is to create Tiffany Brand Ambassadors that are knowledgeable about the brand, products and have a strategic approach to selling and client development. Key Accountabilities:
Coaching for Client Experience:
- Monitor and observe daily client interactions on the sales floor. Share strengths and areas for improvement to the retail sales team as evaluated against Tiffany knowledge, client experience, selling skills and attitude benchmarks/best practices.
- Ensure brand behaviors are demonstrated on the sales floors as company standard including but not limited to grooming, image and etiquette, store presentation standards, etc.
Coaching for Performance:
- Partner with store leaders to identify store opportunities through observation, sales dashboards and NPS scores.
- Create store learning and coaching plan and individual targets
- Monitor and coach the sales team on their individual targets, offering short- and long-term solutions to closing performance gaps (further coaching, training classes, review of training materials, etc).
- Establish frequent check-in schedule with store leadership, retail performance and learning teams on coaching conversations, progress, and opportunities.
- Track coaching conversations, update training records for employees in LMS
- Lead by example and help support a culture of coaching & feedback working directly with the Store & Team Managers to further enhance the development of their leadership skills thus making them more effective in their roles
Training Preparation & Delivery:
- Partner with store leadership for structuring, scheduling and participating in motivational learning moments that regional training sessions, peer mentorship programs, employee experiences etc.
- Partner with Retail Learning Manager to learn and facilitate trainings designed to support business objectives.
- Organize and/or facilitate inspiring & impactful in-store on-boarding/induction to all new hires, partnering with subject matter experts in the region or store to ensure an enhanced learning experience for the employee
- Partner with store management to prepare monthly training calendar/focuses, mapping out learning solutions (Daily Huddles, In-store training sessions) based on observations and specific business objective of store/region
Application and Adoption
- Ensure the full execution of the retail training strategy (preparation/facilitation/follow up/coaching) to specific group of stores within designated scope of responsibility
- Observe the quality of all in-store training via follow up, partnering with Store Management Team, maintaining an active sales floor presence to assess the impact of any learning initiatives.
- Support region in driving client satisfaction by ensuring applied learning of Brand Desirability & driving sales results
- 5 years of training & development experience (luxury brand or luxury service industry)
- Retail Leadership experience
- Proven track record with an effective coaching approach
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Exhibits Strong Self Awareness
- Remains composed in all circumstances
- Empowers team and holds self & other accountable
- Flexes style to motivate and inspire diverse teams
- Instills confidence in the capacity to succeed
- Fosters a learning environment and mindset
- Embraces challenges and encourages others to do so
- Confident in taking initiative and identifying the appropriate course of action
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Willingness to travel as needed
- GIA Certified
- Jewelry industry experience
- Training & Development experience (facilitation skills)
The hiring range for this position ranges from $94,860.00 - $128,340.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.