Senior Insurance Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This role provides a rare chance to gain experience working on the client side as part of an established risk management team, supporting Burberry colleagues directly on a wide range of different and exciting challenges.
The Senior Insurance Manager is part of a small risk management team working globally across Burberry Group plc. The role's primary purpose is to ensure that Burberry maintains an effective and efficient risk financing programme. In turn this protects the Group from financial shocks, creating a more stable and resilient business.
- Delivering a cost effective insurance programme in line with the Group's strategic goals.
- Leading the insurance renewal process including; providing input to programme strategy, gathering information for underwriters, presenting Burberry to potential insurers, finalising terms with brokers, administering payments, collating policy information and certification.
- Collaborating with the business to provide expertise on day to day insurance matters in a commercially sensitive and timely manner, including contract review, wording queries and certificate requests.
- Ensuring that Burberry's insurance arrangements are compliant in all countries.
- Overseeing insurance claims to ensure that they are settled in the best interests of the business and supporting the business with recovering uninsured losses where necessary.
- Coordinating services from brokers, adjusters, valuers and risk control engineers.
- Supporting regular financial reporting and budgeting - finalising premium allocation, communicating this to the business and ensuring that costs are recovered internally.
- Supporting special projects, including new construction projects, the Feb / Sep fashion shows and other events / activations and requests that may arise, including on-going process improvement.
- Managing the Engineering Inspection and Risk Control Programme.
- Maintaining business relationships with our internal partners, key insurers, brokers and adjusters.
- Burberry has also recently completed a Risk Financing Optimisation study, and is also currently completing a captive feasibility study, to assess how best to structure its risk financing. The Senior Insurance Manager will have the opportunity to lead this programme of work, and to influence the Group's risk financing strategy.
- Managing the Insurance Steer Co agenda, content and record
- Experienced managing international insurance programmes with multiple lines.
- Highly IT literate and able to produce budgets, analysis and reports
- Able to negotiate with insurers and manage brokers
- Able to negotiate and manage claims
- Good communication skills both in person and written.
- Driven to work independently and as part of the team.
- Organised and able to manage timelines and prioritise work.
- Analytical with an eye for detail.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || CORPORATE - RISK ASSURANCE || n/a ||