Product Development Assistant
The Product Development Assistant will work closely with the Product Development Manager, Head of Product and Design team. They will assist in the coordination of collection development for Ready to Wear and KIDS from initial design concept through sampling and pre-production. Needle & Thread are looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual to join the growing Product Team.
Key Responsibilities, to include but not be limited to:
- Seasonal sample tracking – Maintaining the sample tracker and logging all style details as sample packs are sent out, recording and communicating all sample arrival dates, edits and cancellations to the wider team.
- Style Data management – Responsibly for generating style and colour codes for all seasonal styles and maintaining accurate style database for archive referencing in JOOR.
- Fabric and Trim Database – Assist Product Development Manager with fabric and trim information requests, logging on the fabric database, labelling and presenting swatches for design meetings.
- Set-up for pricing meetings – Assist Product Development Manager in showroom set-up, collating and filing open costs, adding all relevant details to cost sheet and sample front sheets ahead of seasonal pricing meetings.
- Costing Archive maintenance – Assist with the set up and maintenance of seasonal style archives for cost comparison and margin reviews.
- Sample Allocation and Handover – Assist with sample allocation to Technical, Graphics and Wholesale teams to ensure a smooth, efficient running process throughout pre-production and sales.
- Master Approval Document – Responsible for the setup and initial updates to seasonal Master Approval document and Handover of BOM information to Production team.
- Shoot sample tracker – Assist with the setup of editorial shoot sample tracker order and track samples in for deadline.
- Supply Chain management - Assist Product Development Manager in sourcing new suppliers; requesting and filing all information, and onboarding where applicable.
- Sustainability goals – Assist with maintaining sustainability goals through sourcing, information requests and handover to Technical and Production teams.
- Should be interested in contemporary Womenswear and pursuing a career in Product Development, with a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role.
- Have a good understanding of luxury garment construction, and experience working with embellished and embroidered garments made in India and/or China, is preferable but not essential.
- Previous proven administration experience and methodical approach to department organisation
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills including excellent written English. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Adaptable and forward thinking with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Good numerical skills and advanced Excel skills are important.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator and Outlook/Mail.
- Familiarity with JOOR sales order and style archive platform is preferable but not essential.