Store Supervisor - Ethical Fashion
Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 1000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London and New York City and Los Angeles. We are a rapidly growing scale-up business, now entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.130 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Store Supervisor to join our new store team in West Hollywood, Los Angeles.
We are very excited to have opened our newest Wolf & Badger store in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, to join our existing retail family in New York and London. Our retail spaces are a convergence of our mission, purpose and values and they are where the brand truly comes to life. The successful candidate will be the ultimate brand ambassador for Wolf & Badger in increasing brand awareness, driving sales and handling relationships with customers and brands.
Please note that this role is a retail environment and will therefore include work on weekends and holidays. The position reports to the LA Store Manager.
Duties will include:
- Brand Education, Sales, Styling & Merchandising
- Educate new customers on the Wolf & Badger concept and key selling points for each of our community of brands
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with our best customers and build book of business
- Provide styling advice and drive multi-item transactions
- Deliver the highest level of customer service
- Engage in visual merchandising of displays in the store
- Team Management
- Oversee sales associates and manage performance
- Make sure daily responsibilities/tasks are being delegated and completed
- Train new retail staff members, driving improvements and motivating employees to achieve goals
- Complete daily opening/closing procedures
- Manage stock, replenish displays and keep stockroom organized
- Run sales and similar reports
- Take responsibility for the store during shifts, coordinating lunches and breaks
- Ensure health and safety protocols are strictly followed
- Ensure the store is maintained and in a pristine condition at all times
- Work with online customer service to match in-store stock with online customer requests
- Handle myriad of additional store and online administrative tasks
- Get involved in other ad hoc projects as might present themselves in a high-growth company
- Brand Relations
- Develop strong relationships with our brands that are stocked in-store
- Respond to inquiries from the brands and assist them as needed including providing insights and feedback from customers
- Liaise with the head-office brands team as needed
- Content, Events & PR Support
- Work with content and marketing teams to assist with the production of relevant in-store videos, photos and other creative materials for social media
- Work with brands and events teams to produce and execute in-store events
- Liaise with PR team to pull items for press, influencers and stylist
Key skills and requirements for the role:
- 2+ years relevant retail experience, ideally within a multi-brand environment; exposure to/experience with an ecommerce or online marketplace business or retail startup is a plus
- Self motivated, highly organized and with sharp attention to detail
- Top-notch interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to properly prioritize and balance customer-facing, operations and other duties
- Adept at using/adopting a variety of software types, such as POS (Shopify), word processing/spreadsheets (Google Workplace), project management (Asana), communication (Slack, Zoom)
- Enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help the team succeed
- Versatile with ability to adapt and thrive in a startup-like environment
- $20 per hour plus a generous uncapped personal sales commission!
- Generous health insurance contribution with a choice of plans
- Significant vacation/PTO allotment and paid safety/sick leave
- Corporate ClassPass membership for credits to use on exercise classes, beauty and wellness treatments
- 401k with employer match
- Creative work environment at our vibrant store in West Hollywood
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business
- Work in a positive organisation for people and planet. We are a certified B Corp!
- Staff discount online and in-store across Wolf & Badger
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.