Fixed Assets and Lease Accountant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
• Support and analysis on Fixed asset processes, analysing spend and reporting to the wider team
• Support on Lease changes and reconciliations, ensuring that variances are understood and appropriate actions are done
• Weekly reporting on Fixed asset and leases cashflow, and working with PTP with preparation of ad-hoc rental payments
• Analysis of balance sheet reconciliations and review
• Preparation of monthly cashflow forecasts and reporting
• Submissions to group finance on IFRS 16 clearing accounts and explanations
• Assisting Lease accountant with Lease tracker preparation and deliverables
• Relaying information of any changes to RTR team and understanding movements and impacts of changes
• Responds to ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
• Ensures operating effectiveness of internal controls
• Working with Purchase to Pay/Order to Cash and the wider Record to Report team to deal with queries and improve processes
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Ideally relevant accounting experience. Experience in application of IFRS/UK GAAP.
• Experience of BPC, an advantage. Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus. Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
• Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
• Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
• Part qualified/studying towards a professional or qualified is essential i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||