Manager, Statutory Accounting
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Manager, Statutory Accounting is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax Processing and Statutory Accounting in ensuring the timely production, sign-off and submission of statutory accounts globally.
The Manager, Statutory Accounting will be responsible for:
• Coordinating and managing the end-to-end project plan to support the timely production, sign-off and submission of statutory accounts across the group
• Ensuring timely submission of information to support statutory accounts production and managing issues in relation to this.
• Supporting accountants with the prioritisation of ad hoc queries to ensure that these are responded to on a timely basis
• Ensuring responses to Transfer Pricing (TP) requests for related party information for TP documentation and TP returns
• Review and publication of reports to support and update on statutory accounting processes/status and supporting the remediation of deficiencies
• Managing the various internal and external stakeholder relationships (e.g. IT, Tax Team, Payroll, Co Sec, External Audit) to oversee successful service delivery
• Management of internal BBS resources and external service providers including external auditors
• Supporting the design, development, embedding and documentation of the Statutory Accounting team
• Supporting the team around roles, goals, timescales and standards and that work is carried out to expected standards
• Providing statutory accounting expertise for Finance across projects, change initiatives, changes to laws and regulations and other ad-hoc initiatives as they arise
• Leading the delivery of sustainable process optimisation activities to support the production of Statutory Accounts on a timely basis (including leveraging work flow management tools)
• Staying abreast of best practice Statutory Accounting concepts, technology and methodologies and ensuring these are implemented at Burberry to the extent possible;
• Working closely with the process owners and team leads to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
• Seeking and acting upon feedback from stakeholders as well as the delivery team to help inform future delivery of services
• Providing support to the wider Indirect Tax Processing and Statutory Accounting team when required
• Professional accounting qualification is required e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA
• Can demonstrate management of teams and provide examples of effective leadership and getting the best out of people, including during demanding and unsettling periods of change
• Good technical statutory accounting experience required ideally dealing across multiple geographies
• Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to junior team members, rather than solely rely on their own technical skill set.
• Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate a commitment to change amongst wider team.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers and other levels of the organisation to achieve desired outcomes
• Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes - SAP training is a plus.
• Is able to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
• Has good negotiation skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills especially stakeholder management.
• Creates effective relationships through interpersonal skills and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
• Can operate both tactically and, where required, at a detailed level.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and operational demands.
• Proactively asks for and acts on personal feedback, developing a high level of self-awareness.
• Displays an affinity for technology's ability to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||