Accountant, Indirect Tax Processing
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Accountant, Indirect Tax Processing is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax Processing and Statutory Accounting in ensuring that all in scope regulatory submissions are completed accurately and in accordance with legal deadlines e.g. VAT, Intrastat and preparing information to support VAT refund claims and requests from tax authorities for tax audits.
The Accountant, Indirect Tax Processing's responsibilities include:
• Supporting the timely completion of key deliverables e.g. Intrastat processes and returns, Indirect Tax returns, etc.
• Preparing information to support VAT refund claims and requests from tax authorities for tax audits
• Responding to ad hoc queries as required, prioritising work eﬀectively to ensure that these are responded to on a timely basis
• Inputting data required to produce reports around Indirect Tax reporting / reclaim processes
• Working collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders (e.g. IT, Tax Team, Co Sec.)
• Liaising with internal BBS resources and external service providers.
• Supporting the development of documentation for the Indirect Tax Processing team
• Working towards agreed roles, goals, timescales and ensuring that work is carried out to expected standards
• Identifying opportunities to improve processes and controls around indirect tax processes
• Showing awareness of good practice Indirect Tax processing concepts, technology and methodologies and ensuring these are implemented at Burberry to the extent possible;
• Working as part of a team to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
• Obtaining and sharing feedback from stakeholders within the team
• Providing support to the wider Indirect Tax Processing and Statutory Accounting team when required
Studying towards a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or CIMA
• Works collaboratively within a team and has dealt with change
• Indirect tax experience preferred
• Demonstrable ability to identify and grasp the broader issues
• Supports continuous improvement and demonstrates a commitment to change.
• Is able to demonstrate working collaboratively.
• Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes - SAP training is a plus.
• Good written and verbal communication skills especially stakeholder management.
• Creates effective relationships through interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to deliver under pressure and handle multiple priorities and operational demands.
• Requests feedback to support self-development and acts on this
• Understands the ability of technology to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert