At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Senior Accountant, Indirect Tax Processing is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax Processing and Statutory Accounting in ensuring that all in scope regulatory submissions are completed accurately and in accordance with legal deadlines e.g. VAT, Intrastat and preparing information to support VAT refund claims and requests from tax authorities for tax audits.
The role will be responsible for supporting Finance/FP&A and collaborate with, but not limited to, Retail Ops, HR/R&R/Payroll and Burberry Business Services to maximize transparency of information between the functions.
The Senior Accountant, Indirect Tax Processing will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the timely completion of key deliverables e.g. Intrastat processes and returns, Indirect Tax returns, etc.
• Consolidating information for the submission of VAT refund claims and/or information requests from tax authorities for audits
• Supporting analysts with the prioritisation of ad hoc queries to ensure that these are responded to on a timely basis
• Supervision/review of reports to support Indirect Tax reporting / reclaim processes
• Working collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders (e.g. IT, Tax Team, Co Sec.) and support change management projects to ensure successful delivery
• Supervision of internal BBS resources and external service providers
• Supporting the design, development, embedding and documentation of the Indirect Tax Processing team
• Supporting the team around roles, goals, timescales and standards and that work is carried out to expected standards
• Providing indirect tax processing expertise for Finance across projects, change initiatives, changes to laws and regulations and other ad-hoc initiatives as they arise
• Identifying and supporting the delivery of Indirect Tax processes and controls improvements
• Staying abreast of best practice Indirect Tax processing concepts, technology and methodologies and ensuring these are implemented at Burberry to the extent possible;
• Working closely with the process owners and team leads to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
• Obtaining and sharing feedback from stakeholders within the team and offers solutions to address where required
• Providing support to the wider Indirect Tax Processing and Statutory Accounting team when required
• Studying towards a professional accounting qualification / recently qualified e.g. ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or CIMA
• Works collaboratively within a team and has dealt with change
• Good technical indirect tax / compliance experience required
• Demonstrable ability to identify and grasp the broader issues and provide guidance
• Supports continuous improvement and has proven track record demonstrating a commitment to change
• Consistently demonstrates collaborative working
• Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes - SAP training is a plus.
• Shows some influence on a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues.
• Can demonstrate development of good negotiation skills
• Consistently good written and verbal communication skills especially stakeholder management
• Creates effective relationships through interpersonal skills consistently
• Consistently excellent attention to detail
• Consistent ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and operational demands.
• Requests feedback to support self-development and acts on this consistently
• Understands the ability of technology to drive efficiencies and enhance service delivery.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||