Principal Web Engineer
About This Role:
Vivrelle is a high-growth venture-backed start-up in the retail and luxury goods space. We offer a first-of-its-kind membership club that provides access to a shared closet of coveted designer handbags, jewelry and diamonds for a monthly membership fee. With a dedication to making luxury accessories fun, flexible, affordable, and sustainable, Vivrelle provides members with the ability to borrow items with no return date.
The Principal Web Engineer will be responsible for the development, documentation and implementation of our web application. Vivrelle is currently beginning the implementation of a new commerce backend and this position will directly own the transition from a legacy CMS to a new headless CMS and web application. As Principal Web Engineer, your first contribution to the team will involve integrating with an API-first ecommerce solution and building a headless CMS-integrated front end.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and is a full-time position in our Manhattan HQ or remote in California.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Lead web application technical migration from custom Craft CMS platform to new API-first ecommerce platform, building a new front end from the ground up and leveraging a headless CMS
- Manage Vivrelle’s web application infrastructure, responsive design, automated unit and UI testing
- Partner with Product team to develop creative solutions that meet rapidly evolving business requirements
- Create, refactor, troubleshoot, test and maintain our frontend codebase
- Produce high quality, clean and scalable code that is well documented, maintainable and testable using automation
- Drive business efficiency by automating manual tasks of nontechnical teams including showroom and retail operations, inventory management, and warehouse logistics
- Implement and maintain ADA requirements
- Maintain production system uptime
- Maintain network security standards
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- 7+ years in web engineering preferably in highly scalable consumer facing responsive applications
- Experience implementing front end analytics platforms, AB testing platforms and an understanding of best practices in implementation
- Experience working within AWS for deployments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience
- Strong understanding of the ecommerce industry
- Passion for automation of manual processes and operational efficiency
- Ability to translate business requirements into engineering workstreams
- Customer obsessed and clear understanding of how every technical project impacts the customer