Knitwear Technical Designer
Jonathan Simkhai is searching for a Technical Designer for Women's Sweaters who takes direction to execute development technical packages and fit comments for our main collection.
Key Responsibilities includes (but not limited to):
- Create an accurate detailed technical package following design direction for each style, including drapes and layouts as needed.
- Manages the sample development process from proto stage to SMS, responsible for maintaining them through fit approval- including managing BOM’s/ trims
- Documents design comments accurately during all fittings and is responsible for the execution of the fit comments accordingly. Follows up on e-mails from the overseas office regarding comments on fit.
- Pro-active and strong ability to anticipate possible problems in production and recommend appropriate solutions
- Ongoing evaluation of quality and workmanship to ensure design direction is correctly interpreted and quality standards are consistently met
- Maintain and update style information, filing systems, computer systems, stitch library
- Follows the development and production cycle/timelines to ensure all technical deadlines are achieved
- Manages and organizes all proto fittings to ensure all styles are fit within the season timeline
- Product Development duties may take places due to small team, PD experience a plus
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study
- 5-7 years of experience in Technical Design, Minimum 3 years of experience in Sweaters
- Strong Knowledge of sweater construction, finishes, knit techniques and yarns
- Knowledge of pattern making, draping, garment construction, grading, and factory production
- Strong eye for proportion and fit
- Ability to manage workload within a specified timeline without supervision
- Strong, clear communication skills (verbally and written)
- Should be flexible and able to handle other responsibilities as needed
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.