Solutions Architect, Merchandising Planning
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
• Develop an evolving solution architecture for projects across the Merchandise and Product Planning domain, addressing business function needs and ensuring alignment with known business function priorities and roadmaps, agreeing design changes and trade-offs where pragmatic
• Ensure alignment with our roadmaps and enterprise architecture principles, standards and governance process
• Manage logical to physical design, between internal and external delivery partners
• Where required, establish and direct innovation-led proof of concepts and make recommendations on technology adoption
• Ensure that delivery projects plan for all relevant architectural governance, design reviews and gating
• Raise and resolve any architectural and project issues/risks and issues throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects, with relevant business function and IT project team(s)
• Develop the solution acceptance criteria to ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across our IT estate and enable communication to relevant business stakeholders
• Work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles
• Ensure delivery projects correctly account for solution infrastructure from an operational and supportability perspective and that all non-functional requirements (including SLAs for business continuity, availability and scalability, security) are addressed in the solution
• Ensure that the solution architecture balances functional, service quality and operational management requirements but remains bound by relevant commercial, business function and technical constraints
• Share and collaborate on technology solutions with other stakeholders, especially implementation partners to ensure skills are developed in-house and knowledge is retained
• Communicate portfolio of content and reusable solutions to suppliers and partners, ensuring the most appropriate deployment of their technology and products as possible
• Support wider IT relationship with technology vendors
• Oversee the technical acceptance of requirements and ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across our IT estate
Skills, experience and characteristics:
• Ability to collaborate with other architects in the creation or architectural artefacts, such as roadmaps, standards, and reference models
• Ability to collaborate with Product Managers/Business Analysts to pragmatically balance architectural principles against business requirements to design sustainable solutions
• Design end to end solutions that characterise what products or services are being proposed and how these services will be delivered
• Solution Architecture experience delivering solutions using agile delivery methodologies and working with architecture governance processes.
• Experience of working and delivering in a complex and fast-moving environment.
• Outcome and delivery focused.
• Excellent consulting, communication and business facing skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the business.
• Experience managing and leading teams.
• Experience with public cloud environments.
• Experience with web technologies and user centric design.
• Experience working with Board, NuOrder highly desirable.
• Experience working with SAP cloud technologies (BTP) desirable.
• Experience working for a Global Fashion/Retail company desirable.
• Self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently.
• Resilience to work under pressure and manage unplanned requirements or issues.
• Creativity - taking innovative approaches to problem solving.
• Drive, Energy and Enthusiasm.
• Encourages teamwork and collaboration with a positive outcome.
• Ensures the well-being of individuals.
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrating active listening and empathy.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert