This position will serve as the lead for employment law and human resources practice area in Asia, India and middle East countries, as well as to support other commercial and operational contract review and legal advice.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Go-to person for HR department to offer insight into, and advice about legal matters relating to local law across the regions; provide legal support for disputes, litigation, regulatory and other contentious matters in this regard; monitor legal and regulatory developments in the responsible legal area, analyse legal implications (including any changes necessary to current operations, policies and procedures), provide updates and trainings on such developments to business partners;
- Provide legal advice and support to other business partners as assigned by the supervisor in relation to their operation and projects, including drafting and advising on contracts and other legal documents, reviewing and advising on marketing materials and other commercial documents, and advising on legal issues arising from business operations;
- Manage engagement of external counsel to ensure that high quality, efficient and cost effective legal service is obtained.
Meticulous planner and executor who works well on his/her own and also works well with internal customers; orchestrates multiple activities at once and arranges information in useful manner; breaks works into steps, and adjusts for changes; spends time on what's important; eliminates roadblocks to completion.CUSTOMER FOCUS:
Understands needs of business and organization; dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers; establishes effective relationships by nurturing respect and trust; acts with company and colleagues in mind; keeps matters confidential.COMMUNICATION:
Provides information effectively so others can make accurate decisions; able to write clearly and succinctly so others understand issues and options; deals comfortably with all levels within the organization; is able to effectively present facts as well as controversial topics. _____________________________________________________________ QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Education and Experience:
Qualified lawyer with minimum 12 years of post-qualification experience with solid experience in general commercial matters with a focus on employment matters gained from an international law firm or in house position in a major corporation.Skills:
- High level of accuracy in work, attentive to details
- Self-motived and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Good organizational and time management abilities with proficiency to multi-task and prioritize workload; solid decision-making skills
- Work successfully with business teams in multiple physical locations and time zones, with colleagues of various cultures and nationalities
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative working style, with demonstrated success working in small teams, playing a hands-on role to meet a variety of legal needs of the businesses. Be comfortable working and building relationships with people based in other parts of the world remotely
- have strong commercial acumen with a solution-driven approach, and be able to provide practical advice and solutions
- Excellent written and oral English and Chinese, (Cantonese and Mandarin), with the ability to communicate effectively and draft documents in both languages.