NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
Responsible for translating the Bergdorf Goodman brand vision into an ongoing Events and Public Relations strategy for both store and online, ensuring consistency of message aligned with other marketing channels.
- Collaborate with buying team and internal stakeholders to translate seasonal and strategic merchandising priorities into compelling events calendar and PR plan to raise awareness, reinforce the brand vision and drive the business.
- Develop and deliver an effective communications and event strategy around key initiatives that may include new products, collections, or brand launches.
- Identify out-of-the-box PR opportunities and campaigns reflecting the brand's leading position in luxury to gain traction among consumers, media, and brand partners.
- Cultivate relationships with long-lead, short-lead, mainstream lifestyle media, trade, and blogs, to secure product placement, news stories, and brand features.
- Draft and develop PR toolkits including all relevant assets (e.g., fact sheets, brand messaging, look books, bios and product imagery) for key brand initiatives.
- Manage and respond to media inquiries; draft and edit press releases and statements on behalf of company spokespeople.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across social media, client relations, partnerships, social media, creative, and production to ensure key messages are amplified across all touchpoints.
- Lead all branding events including seasonal press events, special projects, and launch initiatives.
- Develop and manage overall PR & Events budget on an annual basis; provide regular updates.
- Track the overall luxury retail landscape, competitive environment, and consumer trends to ensure BG remains at the forefront of innovation in the category.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail and experience in Special Events, Public Relations and Fashion.
- Minimum 8 years hands-on Events experience; Minimum 5 years of Public Relations experience; PR Agency experience highly preferred
- Luxury experience preferred
- Highly engaged in the industry with strong network of contacts and relationships as well as knowledge of current trends in the category
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, creative thinking with a keen ability to execute efficiently; excellent organizational skills needed to stay on track and pursue solutions without constant supervision
- Excellent influencing skills with an ability to gain buy in from multiple stakeholders; ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial and results driven
- Positive and team oriented
- Bachelor's degree