At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Internal Audit's purpose is to assist Burberry's Board, Audit Committee and management team exercise good governance by providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of Burberry's control, governance and risk management processes. The team's scope of activities includes all operations in all geographic locations, including associates, joint ventures, outsourcing arrangements and other investments where audit rights are permitted under the relevant agreements. Audits performed cover operational process, financial processes, and key business projects.
- Understand the key strategies of Burberry and how they impact IA's work and overall plan.
- Work with Audit Lead to understand the customer's business (overview, objectives, etc), the key risks to objectives, and the controls and processes used to manage those risks prior to commencing detailed testing.
- Work with Audit Lead to design and conduct tests to evaluate the operation of the controls in place.
- Perform and document all work in compliance with established methodology and IIA standards and codes.
- Complete detailed work papers which contain sufficient evidence on which to base conclusions, which are of a sufficient standard to minimise the number of review points required by audit management, and which are of appropriate quality to allow "reperformance" and facilitate reliance on IA's work where necessary.
- Under the guidance of the Audit Lead, follow up and resolve issues and queries raised during review by senior members of audit team and through discussion of factual accuracy by management.
- Under the guidance of the Audit Lead, draft audit reports, including assessment of findings and overall report grade.
- Ensure that Audit Lead is kept up to date on audit progress and findings so that we deliver a "no surprises" report to management.
- Self-manage the timely delivery of audit work.
- Working towards (or interested in working towards): Financial Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), or; Internal Audit Qualification (IIA, CIA)
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience in Internal or External Audit or process design / development type role.
- A working knowledge of risk based audit methodologies in operational and financial areas
- A working knowledge of business processes and risks inherent in business functions
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || INTERNAL AUDIT || n/a ||