Over the last 14 years Aje has carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can.
Along with our incredible team, our brand has an intrinsic sense of duality, balancing toughness with femininity, untamed volume with structure and signature statement pieces alongside effortless essentials. These complementing differences are captured in Aje’s unique aesthetic and have contributed to the brand becoming one of Australia’s most influential fashion houses.
Based at our Sydney Head Office and reporting directly to the Garment Technician Manager, you will be a pivotal player when it comes to the development and delivery of the beautiful and detailed garments that form the Aje collection. Liaising daily with design, production and suppliers, you will have a strong technical understanding of garment construction and pattern-making, a good eye for detail, outstanding written and verbal communication skills and display a proactive approach to effective process and timeline management.
As a Garment Technician, your tasks will include:
- Ownership of garment creation and execution throughout the lifecycle of product; From proto stage through to salesman samples, pre-production samples and shipment samples.
- Work alongside Design, Product Development and Production departments to ensure all technical specs are clear and any measurement requests are consistent with the standard measurements.
- Maintain, refine and record Aje standard measurements, against spec sheet for all styles.
- Measure all samples to ensure they conform to size specifications.
- Analyse style instructions and sampling comments to provide judgements on technical construction and fabrication choice of garments.
- Plan and organize fit meetings including booking models, sending diary invites, etc. alongside other tech team members.
- Attend and run your fitting session ensuing all fittings conform to Aje expectation and vision.
- Record all fit comments in an efficient manner, relay all comments to the factories in a clear and concise format, ensuring amendments are accurately reflected in future samples or production.
- Define and maintain grading and sizing rules for each garment type.
- Maintain consistency in sewing rules and make standards, and ensure suppliers understand the standards required to produce for the brand.
- Report on quality, faults and production of each season, detailing each factory performance against target expectations.
- Work closely with all suppliers seasonally, to review key learns and opportunities for future development or reorders
You will bring:
- Contemporary or luxury fashion experience is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience specialising in women’s tailoring, dresses and soft separates within a day to evening category.
- Excellent fabric knowledge encompassing woven and jersey from delicate to structured fabric bases, technical components and sewing machines.
- Proven past experience to execute to Gold Seal standard.
- Experienced in working in a fast paced design environment, managing multiple seasons in tandem.
- Experience in working with offshore teams and suppliers is ideal.
- Experience in knitwear, denim, cut and sew, active wear and swimwear within a contemporary or luxury fashion capacity would be a well regarded.
- Very strong attention to detail, with the expectation to identify and rectify errors and risk
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently, self-managing personal task lists to deadline
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised while working to disciplined production deadlines
- Self-motivation to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions, particularly in time-sensitive scenarios
- Proactive interest in keeping at the forefront of the design and garment construction industry
We recognise the impact our team has on our success. To show our appreciation we want you to enjoy...
- Enticing salary packaging
- Your growth is our growth, training and development programs are recommended and encouraged!
- Stepping away from the traditional, Aje HQ is a sunlit space within Surry Hills that influences creative and collaborative thoughts. The awe will never diminish when looking at the curved arches, textured walls and open roof.
- Take advantage of the Sydney Sun with our Early Finish Friday Hours
- Celebrate milestones such as, Birthdays with Aje leave benefits
- Be a part of the change with increasing positive corporate responsibility, reflected through our Aje Aware Charter
- Be adored and recognised as no key achievement and success goes unnoticed!
- We appreciate our hard working teams however, a healthy work life balance is one in which we actively promote
- Embrace the Aje style with our generous employee discounts, pre-order programs, clothing allowances and regular sample sales
At Aje, diversity is a founding principle of the brand, taking inspiration from multicultural Australia throughout all visual communications since inception. We are committed to developing a culture and environment that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion by promoting diversity in all forms and creating a safe environment for all employees, applicants and customers.