Senior Technologist Leather
- Florence, Italy
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Lead the leather industrialization process ensuring the achievement of Burberry quality and performance standard, being complaint with international compliance regulations and protocols .
- Ensuring the achievement of quality, performance and compliance Burberry standard for all the materials in production
- Provide timely resolution to critical issues identified in the development cycle and in production
- Provide technical expertise on assessing potential risk in finished good product during industrialization process
- Drive innovation and quality improvements
- Identify opportunities for onboarding, training and elevation of Suppliers
- Expert knowledge of capabilities and capacities of RM suppliers
- Build strong and effective partnership with suppliers to be up to date and accomplish development objectives
- Awareness of latest international compliance regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standard
- Provide detailed directions to suppliers for raw material technical development
- Mitigate product risk by assessing compatibility within BOM
- Strong support to either raw material and finish good quality
- Degree in Leather / Materials Technology / Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience in Materials development or manufacturing
- Must have spent formative years in Tannery
- Knowledge if tanning chemistry and leather finishing
- Experience in high fashion and luxury brand ideally
- Comfort in assessing and interpreting test reports
- Mandatory fluent in Italian language
- Nice to have fluent in English language
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert