Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
The Omni Art Director will elevate and evolve our creative output while supporting the overall brand direction through strong concepts and a high taste level. The Omni Art Director must possess a deep understanding of best practices across multiple mediums including a strong foundation in UX and responsive design for digital, as well as the ability to design across various print vehicles. Strong collaboration skills are necessary to translate business strategy into impactful, creative solutions by working cross-functionally with Creative peers, Marketing, Site Merchandising and Fashion Office colleagues. Perform other duties as assigned.Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Exceptional design and typography skills to elevate print and digital assets.
- Operate with a solid grasp of Bloomingdale's aesthetic.
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD. Competency in HTML, CSS, Premier, After Effects a plus.
- Assist with the conceptualization of new campaigns, pulling swipe and contributing to graphic direction to illustrate and sell ideas.
- Move projects from concept through execution to hand off, using existing templates or creating new ones, to enhance Bloomingdale's branding and storytelling.
- Projects include emails, paid and social media, digital look books, app assets, animation, branding and logo design, catalogs, outdoor, packaging, shopping bag design, magazines, newspaper.
- May also include design research, photo and video concepting, presentation decks.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs