Men's Operating Assistant, Part Time, Roosevelt Field
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. The Shoe Operating Assistant (OA) leads the customer experience initiatives within the department in partnership with the Business Manager. The OA is on the frontlines and in the back of the house as a player coach, impacting behavior of associates and handling of stock.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Engage with management, coworkers, and clients, actively seeking new ways to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Support 4-to-the-floor initiative and multiple unit selling with stockroom layout at standard and consistent feedback to Business Manager on sales professional observations.
- Partners with Business Manager and leadership partners on business-driving initiatives.
- Leads the customer experience initiatives within the department, holding sales professionals responsible to their areas of pride, both in the stock room and on the selling floor.
- Partners in areas outside of primary assignment in shoes as needed.
- Communicates daily with supervisor on workload progress, challenges, and accomplishments.
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Knows shoe business trends and utilizes business reports, inclusive of markdown sell-through.
- Manages Jobout, MisMates, CDTs, Damages, Repairs and NCTs to standard, requiring selling professional participation when appropriate.
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Attends weekly workload planning meeting, proactively planning workload in advance, gaining support to complete workload when needed, and supporting total store workload.
- Strategizes opportunities to improve upon Big Day execution, taking service on those days to a higher level.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.