The Diamond Expert Team Lead, leads his/her team of elite client advisors to deliver a luxury and personal client experience across all contact channels and client touchpoints to drive sales and lifetime loyalty and value in our Engagement and High Jewelry collections. The team lead is accountable for ensuring his/her team consistently meets and/or exceeds commercial and client experience targets. The Team Lead is a dynamic, collaborative and inspiring business owner, people leader, who builds long-term relationships with internal and external clients; someone who could be called a mentor, a coach, and who acts as a Guest Experience Manager, ensuring unsurpassed client service.
Key Accountabilities: Business accountability:
Is responsible to drive the team to achieve or exceed commercial and client experience targets every month and deliver luxury client services that drive lifetime value and loyalty.
- Communicate the key business goals to the team in a simple, clear, and motivating way. Goals include the commercial target (Sales), and client experience goals (service levels, client experience, client satisfaction)
- Drive client development activities among individual team members to cultivate new and existing clients.
- Track progress of the team towards the goals and identify with the team gaps, opportunities, and success stories to drive behaviors and actions that will get the team to meet or exceed the target
- Understand and analyze the business and client context, looking at internal and external trends and ecosystem
- Demonstrate business and team leadership in the day-to-day business decisions & activities, play an active role in supporting and helping the team manage client activities and relationship role modeling winning behaviors.
- Hire and retain the best talents to ensure a winning team and create best in class luxury client experiences. Network and recruit to build a pipeline of diverse, highly skilled talent.
- Continuously train, coach behaviors, and provide feedback to his/her team to drive performance excellence and elevate client experiences and client relationships across all client touchpoints. The team lead will listen & assess each Client Advisor at least 2x per month and provide live coaching in the client experiences and behaviors leveraging the performance excellence toolkit and in close partnership with the learning team / coach.
- Continuously communicate 360 brand and business strategies and context to the team and gather inputs from the team on client trends and topics. Lead regular cadence of team huddles.
- Manage performance issues and capability gaps proactively and timely.
The team lead is responsible for ensuring his/her team delivers at all times best-in-class luxury client experiences that drive loyalty and long-term lifetime value
Execution Excellence and team effectiveness:
- Continuously elevate the level of client experience delivered by the team through continuous coaching of behaviors
- Closely monitor the quality of the client experiences through the internal assessment (performance excellence program) and external inputs (TEI/Voice of Client) as well as keeping an eye on competition and market best practices
- Address key gaps with specific action plans, partnering closely with the learning team
- Ensure consistency with established operational procedures. Identify and execute efficiencies and best practices.
- Monitor productivity and schedules of team members and provide inputs / partner with resource planning and manager to optimize team resource allocation as needed to support client demand and sales
- Ensure compliance with all internal control procedures
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule reporting to Parsippany NJ
- Minimum of 3 years of retail or luxury retail Contact Center experience or relevant customer related experience (e.g., hospitality).
- Proven track record in client relationship building, sales generation, managing the achievement of sales results.
- Team management experience
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to develop new opportunities and maintain client relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Client tracking systems and Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs
- Must have authorization to work in the United States or in the country where the position is based.
- Retail & Luxury experience
- GIA Certification
- College/University degree