IT Business Analyst
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe in inclusion, we believe in self-expression, we believe in no judgement and we believe in individualism.
WHO WE ARE
We are bold, we are tenacious, we are courageous and brave.
We are a cast of characters;
We embrace our differences and we share our likenesses.
Some of What’s in it for You!
- New and freshly renovated offices, designed and built to the LEED Silver environmental standard
- Summer Fridays
- Paid Personal Days
- Employee Loyalty Reward Program
- Generous welcome gift
- Company events
As the Business Analyst, you will sit at the intersection of application technologies and the business processes that rely on them. Working closely with partners in various business functions, fellow members of the IT team and external vendors, you will help match business needs to technology capabilities by understanding business processes, identifying, and synthesizing needs and translating them into explicit requirements for solution development.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Drive the requirements definition on implementations of or enhancements to software applications and their integrations
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Performing functional analysis and design, defining, and documenting detailed business requirements.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by reviewing acceptance criteria, QA test strategy and providing post-implementation support
- Prepares cost-benefit analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation and able to create business solutions/system design that increase competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Assisting with the development of detailed project plans and monitoring of progress against planned objectives.
- Performing functional testing of system changes and supporting user acceptance testing of those changes.
- Contributing to training strategies and business implementation planning.
- Work with external vendors and ensure accuracy of their requirements documentation and solution design
- Review technical solution designs with systems analyst and integration partners
- Prepare, organize, and facilitate User Acceptance Testing with business owners
- Facilitate and map business processes to varying levels of detail (L1 to L4 process mapping)
- Facilitate and document roles and responsibilities and decision making matrices (RACI and RAPID models)
- Participate in training and change management
Some of what you’ll need:
- Proven working experience as a BA or Project Manager
- Possess a strong business acumen across a wide range of departments
- Experience working in fashion/apparel or retailer preferred; being a “quick study” is essential
- Strong communication skills - must be able to facilitate requirements sessions with confidence and elicit (not collect) requirements, identifying what senior business partners “need” not just what they ask for
- Expertise in documentation – technical skills in creating standardized documentation that is explicit and comprehensive on Business and Functional requirements
Some of who you are:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to handle complex projects/situations, identify gaps, and recommend solutions
- You understand complex system details that lead to increased operational efficiency with high quality technical solutions.
- You have basic technical knowledge and understand system flows, dependencies, and integrations between various applications
- You have a good understanding of general IT project methodologies, processes, and practices.
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with an ability to build strategic relationships with the business partners and other stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player who is eager and quick to learn new skills and tools.