Associate Technical Designer, Denim
Fit denim garments and execute design intent while maintaining brand standards with the direction of the technical design manager. Provide technical expertise in product fit, construction standards and manufacturing methods. Communicate clearly and professionally on a technical level with all business partners. Interact with product/design teams to adhere to merchandising calendar to meet production deadlines.
- Work independently on designated styles through production process under the supervision of the technical design manager
- Generate and maintain detailed technical packages including construction details, POMs and fit comments
- Proactively track overseas packages and estimate fit dates based on expected package arrival.
- Follow-up with factories on anticipated CSs, PPs and TOPs.
- Prepare garments and paperwork for fitting: evaluate it against previous comments, check measurements and identify materials (actual vs. substitute). Be familiar with history of the garment
- Attend (and sometimes lead) production fittings on live model for product fit evaluation
- Evaluate samples for vendor’s execution of fit and construction along with providing solutions via pattern corrections and/or garment re-engineering.
- Collaborate with patternmakers, production department and factories on identifying and resolving fit, construction and workmanship issues
- Manage mock-ups formation as needed
- Approve sample garment (all stages) in timely manner according to Time & Action Calendar and Production Plan
- Issue final graded production specification with technical design manager’s approval
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with overseas factories, offices and QC regarding fit comments and fit status
- Timely respond to all inquiries and requests via e-mail or through verbal communication
- Measure and review all TOP samples and present to technical design manager and production manager
- 5-7 years of TD experience
- Preferred to have work experience in denim
- Must have women’s experience
- Proficiency in garment fit, denim specs and construction
- Must have experience with luxury or contemporary product
- Experience in handling all garment categories
- Attention to detail Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Organized, accurate and articulate Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills Strong ability to manage workload
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of RLM and Gerber a plus
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $75,000 to $85,000, which represents a range commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills required.