Wholesale Sales Internship
The ideal candidate is motivated, organized, and a team player. You will collaborate with the
AREA sales team to improve daily resources and processes. As the sales intern, you will be an important part of the ready-to-wear selling process – working closely with internal and external partners to ensure the collection is translated to AREA’s specialty and key accounts in an impactful way.
AREA is an New York City based fashion and accessories design studio specializing in quality craftsmanship, textile development, and innovative embellishment. Signature style is multi-faceted; witty, inherently glamorous, playfully decadent and injected with a pop energy. The collection is stocked at leading retailers such as SSENSE, Net-a-porter, Farfetch, and many more.
- Must qualify with school credit
- An organized multi-tasking personality
- Comfortable in a pressured, fast paced environment
- Team player, happy to help where needed
- Interest in having an in-depth understanding of the fashion industry
- Previous wholesale/showroom experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. NuOrder / JOOR knowledge is a plus.
- Assist with PF23 and FW23 market preparation and execution
- Assist with showroom needs (welcoming clients, dressing models, ensuring impeccable conditions of samples and space).
- Execute market and product research and competitor analyses to support market knowledge
- Help to fulfill seasonal product knowledge request from retailers, work closely with PR and production teams to get information and assets of the collection
- Work closely with PR to assist in sample trafficking for retailer photoshoots and events
- Assist in maintaining backend database and line sheet integrity
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AREA Studio LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law