Content Executive - Ethical Fashion/Ecommerce
Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 2000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London, New York City and Los Angeles. We are a rapidly growing scale-up business, now entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.130 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
As our ideal Content Executive, you will be proactive, effective and efficient. You will work across a variety of initiatives, enjoy new challenges, working with different people, functions and skill sets and bring a positive attitude throughout.
You will take ownership of, and drive forward, our content strategy and initiatives with energy in order to help the Wolf & Badger brand thrive. You will be a champion of our mission and think about both the desires of our community of brands and of our customers, whilst pioneering an avante-garde, sustainable and alternative approach to retail.
Importantly, you will bring a desire to write creatively and to constantly improve your skills, coupled with an extremely close attention to detail. You will strive for excellence, welcome critique and bring a data-oriented yet creative approach to problem solving. You will be able to learn about our customers and use insights to inform social strategies, content and tactics.
- Execute the uploading, proofreading, editing and scheduling of all articles to our magazine
- Liaise with the wider Marketing and PR Team in order to drive engagement with articles
- Produce monthly reports for magazine performance on revenue and user sessions as well as collecting data from the social media performance of articles.
- Lead the magazine planning sessions
- Be willing to learn about and take on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) responsibilities.
- Plan the editorial calendar month by month, bring fresh ideas for growing the readership of the magazine
- Ensure that we are getting the most from all of our articles by liaising with the team on social media circulation of articles, inclusion into emails
- Constantly think about how we can improve our magazine from a Product standpoint in order to give users a better experience
- Liaise with the Product team to introduce a new Content Management System (CMS) in order to better surface content across the website
- Assist in the execution of content and copy for social media
- Assist in general copywriting, editing and proofreading across the business ensuring that content and copy is executed to an exceptional standard across the business
- Work on making content processes transparent to the team through our knowledge-sharing platform, Guru
- Execute email builds and assist the CRM Manager with content for emails and proofreading; build magazine focused emails if needed
- Think both creatively and in a data-led way in order to create the best content and a leading magazine
- Play a pivotal role in driving forward the content strategy and growth of the content function throughout the business
At times you may also assist the Marketing team with:
- Organising image submissions from brands
- Olapic approvals & sharing the best User Generated Content
- Operating Facebook Commerce Manager
- Creating & scheduling supplementary social media posts
- 1-3 years of professional content experience ideally for a fashion/design/beauty company, startup, ecommerce or media platform
- Examples of your work (please include a portfolio link in your application)
- SEO experience (desirable) as this is a growing element of this role
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated, highly organised and versatile
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Tech savvy (experience working with a marketing and data analysis software is highly desirable)
- Background or demonstrated interest in fashion/design/beauty brands and ethical/sustainable practices
- Enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help that team succeed
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a startup-like environment
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful work! We are a proud B-Corp which is leading the change in responsible retail - for people and planet.
- Flexible remote working policy with access to a creative work environment within a multi-purpose retail, food, events and office environment
- 25 day holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Paid 'pet-ernity' and heartbreak leave
- Corporate ClassPass membership for exercise class credits, wellbeing and beauty treatments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts across Wolf & Badger online and in store
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.