Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Design Stores (ranging from 500 to 20,000sf) that reflect the latest vision for the brand, ensuring design excellence and an elevated customer experience.
* Produce schematic design drawing packages, including new stores, renovations and refreshes etc.
* Manage external consultants and suppliers to ensure projects are executed to RL standards.
* Review and approve construction drawings and millwork shop drawings.
* Coordinate project requirements with internal partners, including Retail Development, Decorative and Merchandising.
* Partner with construction teams to coordinate execution of details.
* Champion best practices within the team and the division.
* Collaborate effectively with NY design team on brand image and new design directions.
* Collaborate effectively with Fixture Team on new and custom fixture designs, and to understand intended fixture usage.
* Adhere to established AutoCAD, drafting and directory standards.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or similar field
* 3-5 years in retail design, similar commercial projects or high-end/custom residential in a designer's position.
* Good understanding of all phases of an architectural project
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple competing priorities effectively.
* High proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Illustration and SketchUp etc.
* Strong knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction.
* Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat X Pro, BIM360 and Smartsheet a plus.
* Strong analytical skills, highly organized and detail-oriented.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.