Purchase Ledger Assistant
Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
You will proactively manage supplier accounts in the best interest of business and process a high volume of invoices and credit notes with speed and accuracy. You will maintain a good and regular communication with teams across the business to meet deadlines and resolve queries.
- Processing overhead Invoices/Credit notes to the correct Supplier account
- Processing invoices into the correct P&L nominals with accurate detail for the Management Accountant to report appropriately
- Processing invoices into the correct BS nominals with accurate detail for the Accountants Assistant to manage appropriately
- Processing invoice VAT to the relevant tax control account to ensure VAT returns can be completed correctly
- Updating departmental trackers with latest invoices received and chasing authorisation
- Updating Accounting Systems with approved invoices in preparation for the next payment run
- Sending Remittances to suppliers after each payment has been approved on the bank
- Liaising with Accounts Assistants to ensure payments have been recognised in the bank nominals and relevant supplier account
- Producing Accrual sheet for invoices that have been received but not yet approved
- Process Customer and Accounts Receivable Refunds
- Previous experience working within purchase ledger essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reliable, self-disciplined, speed and accuracy essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build up relationships internally and externally.
- Team player.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Good aptitude for Excel – V Look Ups and Pivot Tables would be an advantage
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.