Print Designer & Developer for Luxury Fashion Brand
- Contract Type
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Print Designer & Developer to join our luxury fashion brand on a full-time, part-time or freelance basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an entrepreneurial team in the luxury goods sector. The role will involve working closely with the Creative Director and other team members to build ranges seasonally from concept to production.
Who we are. We are an innovative art-led business. Our brand is currently stocked by retailers such as Harrods, Net-a-Porter and Harvey Nichols. Those who buy MENG’s loungewear know they are wearing not just an item of clothing but an expression of artistry, creativity and beauty that will last a lifetime.
Who you are. Our design style is intricate, elegant and sophisticated, so the ability to adapt to meet our look is important. A versatile print aesthetic and an ability to respond to different design briefs are required, together with a fresh and forward-thinking perspective of design. The potential candidate should be technically experienced in printing on a variety of silk fabrics and have a successful track record in the areas of print design and graphics within reputable brands.
Range of Responsibilities
You will be responsible for a range of areas across the skills spectrum. These include:
- Working very closely with the Creative Director and our freelance designers to oversee collections seasonally from concept to final products.
- Working very closely with our manufactures in the UK and Italy to ensure high quality of printing and making of the collections.
- Liaising with our retail buyers to process orders and organise deliveries.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Good garment design and technical knowledge
- Excellent sense of design and a clear understanding of colour theory are also important
- Good fashion knowledge and an eye for trends with experience in the fashion sector would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Adobe suite skills are a must, with the ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to a high standard
- Good understanding and knowledge of fabric qualities, product development and garment manufacturing processes
- A self-starter, able to set goals and problem solve
- Entrepreneurial, business minded, and able to handle a range of situations and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Happy to work in a very small team
- Good track record working in related industry
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and portfolio (document or link) through the 'Apply' button or by email to email@example.com. If submitting via link, we recommend you don’t use a link that might expire. Due to the high number of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.