The Specialist, Global Internal Communications will own the production and publishing cycle for our digital signage channel; write and produce content for all of our core channels, including newsletters and the intranet; help produce our global town halls, other live events and videos; play a leading role in driving strong employee engagement, with focus on our headquarters offices; consult and collaborate with business partners across the organization in support of key priorities and initiatives; contribute to other important team projects and priorities as required; cover other GIC responsibilities as needed; and participate in the ongoing evolution of the department in line with best practices and business needs. Location: This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in New York, NY hybrid-optional schedule. Responsibilities: Communication Vehicle Management:
- Manage Tiffany's digital signage communication vehicle, including content creation and publication. Involves writing, editing, layout, design and publishing using Photoshop and a content management tool, as well as working with a community of remote content contributors. Also involves collaborating closely with IT and our digital signage vendor. Partner with management to guide and continually evolve this channel to increase its relevance, timeliness and reach.
- Lead Internal Communications' presence on Yammer, our internal social media channel, looking for opportunities to improve our communications through this channel; leverage it as a strategic tool; and use it as a way to drive employee engagement.
- Regularly track and report on metrics for the channels you lead, to advise direction and ongoing evolution.
Event/Project Management & Production:
- Source content from internal business partners and write and edit blurbs and short articles for our core channels.
- Write or edit messages for business partners in support of key initiatives or priorities.
- Assist with executive communications messaging and production as needed.
Consulting, Employee Engagement & Miscellaneous Communications Support
- Project management/producing Tiffany's dynamic global employee town halls and leadership meetings. Involves working with GIC colleagues and key business partners; vendor management; and interaction with leadership. Work with management to continually evolve these events, using metrics and best practices as a guide.
- In partnership with management, vendors and other key business partners, play a key role in the production and project management of various video communications and events, both live and virtual.
- Represent GIC in cross-functional meetings and initiatives and build a network of colleagues and collaborators in business functions around the company.
- Provide a range of editorial and communications consult to HR coworkers and other partners throughout the business, both strategic and tactical, as necessary, including creation of communication plans and editing or drafting messages.
- Generate fun, creative new insights to enhance inclusion and engagement for both the corporate and global employee populations.
- Support our ongoing efforts to integrate successfully with our new corporate owners, LVMH, with particular focus on communications alignment.
- Assist in ongoing evolution of department, in partnership with GIC Director and fellow Specialist.
- Contribute to other crucial team projects as required.
- Support and backfill duties of the team's other Communications Specialist, as needed.
- Support basic administrative tasks for team as needed.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $71,910 - $97,290. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Required Qualifications:
- BA in English, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a communications-related field, preferably corporate communications and specifically internal communications
- Strong core communications skills - writing, editing, speaking, planning and strategy
- Basic proficiency with design and layout
- Strong project management skills, with experience running live events and video projects a big plus
- Vendor management
- Strategic problem solver, with ability to see own work within overall department/business goals and find opportunities for evolution
- Strong creativity and design sense, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and absorb new work when called upon
- Good familiarity with best-practice communication methods and technology
- Social media- and digital/mobile-savvy; familiarity with internal social media preferred
- Key qualities: Resourceful, flexible, adaptable, thoughtful, proactive, creative, committed, collaborative/team-player, easy-going yet focused and driven to excellence, positive demeanor/sense of humor, professional
- Experience with Office Suite - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with MS SharePoint Online and content management/publishing systems (e.g., intranet and digital signage)
- Ability to work standard office hours, with flexibility as needed
- Ability to travel locally, on limited basis, primarily between our NY and NJ offices
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop)
- Experience with MS O365 digital tools, with emphasis on Teams and Yammer
- Experience with Zoom and producing Zoom/Teams-based meetings
- Experience working in a global company
- Experience working in retail, preferably luxury/jewelry industry