ZIMMERMANN is one of Australia's leading and most respected fashion designer brands. Zimmermann's ready-to-wear and swim and resort collections are sold through Zimmermann boutiques and high-end retailers both in Australia and internationally. We maintain stand-alone retail stores throughout Australia, EU, UK the USA and a successful online business.
ZIMMERMANN also upholds a well-established wholesale business internationally with an enviable list of major stockists including Net-a-Porter and Saks Fifth Avenue, to name a few.
A rare opportunity exists for a Payroll Coordinator/Specialist to work within our New York Head Office to assist with preparation and processing of payroll across Retail and Head Office in the US.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Preparation and processing of US fortnightly (biweekly) payroll including reporting and analysis for
- Retail and Head Office
- Full time, part time and seasonal employees
- Coordinating new hire document submissions as per company policies and legislation (for example I9s)
- Creation of new hire profiles & terminating employee profiles in the payroll system (ADP)
- Ensuring all staff members are set up correctly within the payroll and “Time & Attendance” systems
- Fielding staff queries
- Liaise with 3rd party payroll provider as necessary, for example to ensure that all staff queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that the business remains compliant with all relevant payroll legislation
- Monitor for changes in payroll legislation, assess the impact of these changes on the business and action any necessary steps required to ensure the business remains compliant
- Work with 3rd party payroll provider to ensure that the payroll system is compliant with all relevant payroll legislation
· Support and monitor the use of the “Time & Attendance” system by HO and Retail staff
- Ensure leave is recorded accurately for HO and Retail employees
- Maintenance and updating of the staff tracker for all Hires, Changes, Terminations, Parental Leave, Merchandise Credits, Referral Bonuses and Probation
- Other tasks as directed by the Payroll Manager and HR Manager
- Adhoc reporting for management and data checking as required
To be successful, candidate will possess;
- Previous experience in a similar role (3-5 years)
- Previous experience with ADP or a similar payroll system
- Previous experience with a “Time & Attendance” system
- High attention to detail
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Efficient time management skills and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate across a broad audience
- Up to date knowledge of contemporary payroll, taxation, and legislation
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly MS Excel
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.