Reporting to Head of Production
Sahara creates contemporary clothing with a unique, bohemian-chic aesthetic inspired by the spirit of adventure, global design discoveries and unbounded creativity.
We make clothes for the individual not the crowd; with each piece created using luxurious natural fabrics and traditional techniques, Sahara provides an antidote to the culture of fast fashion. Our pieces are designed to feel luxurious, flattering, and timeless, created to last season upon season.
Who we are looking for:
Sahara is seeking a positive thinking, dynamic, exceptionally organised, hands-on Production Coordinator to support the busy Production Department. The successful candidate will have worked within the fashion industry in a production environment for at least four years. This is an office-based role that does not suit regular remote working.
Below is a list of core responsibilities, however the nature of the role means that the list is not exhaustive:
- Place bulk fabric orders and organize delivery into factories, ensuring all accompanying paperwork is correct to avoid delays in clearing. Required to coordinate deliveries with freight forwarders and factories.
- Arrange production pick up from factories to deliver into our warehouse, making sure that transport is arranged, and warehouse is aware of impending deliveries
- Update warehouse with weekly delivery forecasts
- Approve bulk strike offs and lab dips with the Head of Production before fabric is shipped/goes into work
- Manage in-house testing of fabrics from sampling & bulk, raising concerns when necessary.
- Responsible for record keeping of any left-over fabric
- Create care labels and disclaimers – ordering and sending to factories
- Chase PP’s and shipment samples and update the Production Schedule
- Find and update Commodity Codes for fabrics & garments
- Raise Factory PO’s
- Set up season pricing sheets in Excel with style usage, fabric prices and factory prices, ensuring correct exchange rate/duty etc.
- Work closely with Wholesale team to make sure sales orders are handed over in good time and input sales orders on system
- Send deliveries UK-wide & internationally using DHL, UPS & other courier companies.
- Prepare swatch cards of bulk fabric when approved for style files
- Organise production graded patterns for UK factories
- Assist the Production team as needed with day-to-day tasks
- Help in keeping rails tidy and organised
- Help Production Assistant where necessary during busy periods
You as a person:
- Must be organised with a positive disposition
- Possess an abundance of common sense and have a logical mindset
- Must have a solution-oriented approach to work
- Possess acute attention to detail
- Must be numerate
- Will be exceptionally computer literate with strong Excel skills, and possess knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of Production systems (Genesis, Zedonk, Katarna) would be an advantage
In return we provide:
- a friendly working environment
- a competitive salary
- a generous holiday allowance
- flexible start and finish times
- discretionary annual bonus
- access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox a generous staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee, and Prosecco every Friday afternoon
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspirational, creative teams. We spend a lot of time at work, so we know how important it is to enjoy your working day and we do so in beautiful offices with an abundance of natural light. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we are passionate and hard-working and enjoy socialising both in and out of the office.