The Swimming & Diving Team Manager will report to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach, and will be responsible for managing assigned facets of the women's and men's swimming & diving teams in accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations. Team Manager duties may include assisting the head / assistant coach with any of the following responsibilities:
- Upholding all applicable NJCAA, Region XV and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Entering athletes for scheduled events as required by meet directors in advance of deadline.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Reporting results and providing a synopsis of meets for promotion on websites and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency and completion of two years in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain CPR / AED certification prior to the time of appointment.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Availability for weekday early morning practices and weekend matches.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two (2) years of coaching experience in an academic setting.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Occasional
Office, Classroom or Outdoors
Sit- Occasional; Stand- Constant; Bend- Frequent; Walk- Constant; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: M, T, TH, FRI, 6:30 pm- 9:00 pm, in person; occasional overnight trips and weekends.
Stipend: $3,000 per annum (based on experience, qualifications and budgetary allowance)
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled or as needed.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Swimming and Diving Team Manager.
FIT Athletics & Recreation, an NJCAA DIII member institution, aims to support Fashion Institute of Technology in its mission to produce self-reliant graduates who are poised for a lifetime of success, and who will be a credit to the institution, their communities and the world. The department mission is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for student involvement, learning and school spirit opportunities enriching both body and mind as a way of promoting holistic health and wellbeing.