Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success. JOB PURPOSE
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead our Merchandise, Planning & Allocation Technologies. You will work in partnership with business experts (SME), UX/UI Teams and technology teams to identify & implement solutions to meet the needs of an evolving business. You will lead a team of business analysts and developers as needed. This role is reporting to the Senior Product Manager - Merchandising, Planning & Allocation. RESPONSIBILITIES
Vision, Strategy, Roadmap
• Understand Burberry's strategic vision within the upstream business areas associated with Merchandising, Planning and Allocation and ensure solution development is in line with this
• Deeply analyse end user needs and in conjunction with delivery teams develop prototype designs that meet the business need.
• Manage a comprehensive Backlog to ensure there is a pipeline of work for future sprints
Evangelism, Awareness, Alignment
• Have an understanding of Merchandise, Planning & Allocations processes.
• Drive solution development with a team of developers & designers.
• Ensure business leads are aware of the roadmap and ensure that there is alignment and buy in
• Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
Minimal Product, Test & Learn
• Build and manage a backlog of users stories/requirements and prioritise for development
• Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment using Minimal Viable Product delivery, and rapid prototyping
• Provide customer and business context to the delivery teams, empowering them explore creative solutions, whilst simultaneously, ensuring the team delivers against scope and time commitments
• Strong analytical background, and ability to deliver value to end users
Insight, Competitors, Market, Trends
• Identify new opportunities to enhance current operating processes and implement strategies to address those opportunities
• Understand the reporting & planning tool solutions in the market place, and use this to enhance our application delivery. PERSONAL PROFILE
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- 4 - 5 years experience working with and/or within a planning & merchandise team.
- Experience working with design, engineering teams, vendors, and offshore development to deliver end to end products
- Experience managing small to medium sized teams
- Preferable : experience in delivering evolving reporting solutions within a Global Multi-channel Luxury Retailer.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.