IMPORT PRODUCTION MANAGER
4 days left
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Import Production Manager
The Import Production Manager will play an important part in driving an efficient product operation, own effective vendor management and partner closely with Product Development and Technical Design to hit crucial deadlines while upholding Dôen’s deep focus for design integrity and quality.
- Manage the production calendar/timelines to ensure on time product delivery, accuracy of WIP data for cross-departmental reporting, and proactively problem solving to meet deliverables.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines based on business priorities.
- Ensure production data is accurate. Keep purchase orders up to date with any changes to units, cost, and delivery. Ensure cross-functional launch data is entered in a timely manner and accurate.
- Execute strong attention to detail ensuring key milestones are met.
- Monitor trim inventory & place projection replenishment orders
- Manage production cost negotiations and ensure target margins are being met/exceeded.
- Develop respectful and collaborative relationships with our vendor base with clear daily communication. Review WIP charts and time in action deadlines, costing, & fabric and trim approvals with the Dôen Production Team and ensure vendor partners receive prompt approvals and feedback.
- Follow up on QC issues and manage vendor communication on QC failures and reports.
- Visit Domestic factories & facilities
- Support product execution & work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Product Development, Technical Design, Design, Merchandising, Planning, Ecomm, Operations, Logistics, DC.
- Continuously communicate to team members on product updates, approvals, and issues.
- Plan weekly fit schedulesin partnership with the technical design team. Track fit sample ETA’s and provide technical design team with accurate & up to date sample ETA’s.
- Work with key internal partners and vendors to manage fabric and trim liabilities
- Mentor and train the growing team. Provide feedback on process creation and adoption, promote opportunities for training, identify inefficiencies & opportunities for improvements.
- Performs additional duties and assignments, as requested.
- 5+ years’ experience in Apparel Production
- 2+ years’ experience in a management role
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in both written and verbal communication
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to strategize the objectives and drive the various initiatives of the Production department to be accomplished in a timely manner
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Proven ability of effective management/supervision of a Production team for multiple product categories (i.e. Woven, Knitwear and Swim)
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand
- Ability to foster an inclusive and respectful working environment
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer