Senior Fashion Buyer
In Massimo Dutti, we are looking for a Senior Fashion Buyer to join us in our Headquarters in Tordera, Barcelona, Spain.
Your main functions would be:
Planning the buying structure and product selection.
- To analyse the previous year’s sales and the season’s key trends in order to identify the principal sales requirements.
- To put forward an initial proposal for the collection structure to the design department, organised by blocks in accordance with the store arrival dates.
- To plan which suppliers will be involved in producing the collection (taking into account factors such as their production capacity and standards, etc.).
- To work with the design team on the final product selection, taking into consideration factors such as time, the season’s key trends and sales requirements in accordance with the previous year’s sales.
- To define the final buying structure once the product has been selected and the budget has been sent by the management control department for the family and sub-family buying. To assign each style put forward by the design team to the initial planning, making the necessary adjustments and finalising the buying structure. This structure requires decisions on how many items are to be made per model and keeping constant checks on the RRP, mark up and units, in order to comply with the management control budget.
Negotiating and planning with suppliers (and monitoring production).
- To assign each item to a specific supplier in accordance with their capacity and standard of service. To report needs to extend the supplier portfolio and requirements regarding products, materials and quantities to the quality team.
- To negotiate prices and delivery dates with suppliers, based on the initial standard and quantity required.
- To monitor production to ensure compliance with the agreed terms and conditions.
- To carry out the sample fittings with the pattern/quality and design teams and to provide the suppliers with feedback in order to adjust and improve the samples.
Monitoring sales and the buying budget
- To monitor the buying budget in accordance with key indicators
- To monitor sales and product decisions such as repetitions, new and special products
How do we imagine you?
- Higher education qualification in Economics, Business Administration and Management or Business Studies.
- Specialised training in International Trade, Fashion Business Management, etc. an advantage.
- More than 6 years of experience.
- Experience in a similar post in the retail sector.
- Experience in luxury brands.
What do you get?
- You will be able to eat at our company-subsidized canteen service.
- You can enjoy our gym facilities, as well as participating in yoga and cardio classes.
- A company-paid bus service departing from different pickup points all around Barcelona, Mataró and Vallés for your daily commute to the office.
- InLife, an employee-only club which bring products and services closer to our offices (pharmacy, courier, etc.).
- By being part of the Inditex group, you will be able to buy in all our brands, with a 25% discount/reduction on the retail price.
Massimo Dutti is a company committed to equal opportunities.