About the Team
The Customer Pillar aspires to build outstanding customer experiences to support Zalando's vision of being the starting point for fashion. Customer Pillar had important missions to drive initiatives critical for the vision as well as supporting other teams' endeavors.
We deeply understand our customers, building engaging relationships with them and providing them with a tailored outstanding experience through digital platforms. We aspired to help the customers embrace who they are and get closer to who they want to be. We enable other groups in Zalando to serve our customers with their own initiatives while making sure the customer journey is seamless, remarkable, and inspiring through Customer Pillar specialised capabilities (search, browse, personalisation, recommendation, customer understanding, etc.)
As a Senior Principal Applied Scientist, you will shape, coach, and support a world-class product and technology team with great talents dedicated to improving customer experiences and serving customer needs.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ensure the AI/ML solutions we build address the most important customer problems
- Ensure our team has a thorough understanding of our model behavior
- Coach our team on the right way of testing product features and iterations with our customers
- Strengthen the understanding of Zalando customers and digital products
- Raise the bar of the model life cycle, especially the data exploration, offline testing, online hypothesis testing (include A/B testing, but emphasis on other types of online testing)
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
- Open-minded. Growth mindset. Exceptional fast learner. Team player. Technical leader. Knows how/when to lead and how/when to follow.
- PhD or Master degree in statistics or related areas
- Expert in hypothesis testing, big and small data mining, business and product acumen, model prototyping, offline testing, model validation and monitoring
- 8+ years of hands-on experience of large scale consumer facing digital products
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: search, ranking, personalisation, recommendation
- Strong affinity to data. Strong business and product acumen. Exceptional capability in translating customer problems into technical solutions
- You possess excellent communication skills and you use them to move the company forward. You can present your ideas with clarity, verbally and in writing and facilitate decision making in a timely manner
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsZALANDO BENEFITSCareer Development
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance available for internationals
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counselling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalandoPlease note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.