At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
To optimize Outlet business from a merchandising standpoint across all categories. To create assortment plans for MFO and support in liquidation DTO, with a focus on aged inventory. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive Outlet business in partnership and collaboration with Planning, Allocation, Retail, Visual Merchandising, Finance, and Central Outlet Planning & Merchandising.
- Improve and implement reporting and analysis capabilities to drive decision making including aging and category level views.
- In partnership with planning, communicate weekly business performance; suggest follow up strategies to business partners to drive sales and deliver targets.
- Input to promotions, markdowns, and pricing on Outlet merchandise.
- Prepare hindsight of MFO performance. Analyze and understand store need and feedback to Central teams on MFO catalogue.
- Review category plans and OTB by category with planning to ensure balanced and commercial MFO buy.
- Assort and range MFO for quarterly buys based on history, store profile, input from stores, feedback from Mainline merchandising, etc.
- Participate in store visits to enhance knowledge of customer base and profile.
- Conduct competitive shop and pricing analysis on a seasonal basis.
- Align with planning and allocation on delist execution and timing as well as packages of merchandise and allocation strategy.
- Propose consolidations of DTO product to drive sales.
- Manage Bulk buyers end to end process including connection between allocation and hub.
- Input to staff sale assortments for liquidation of aged and defective inventory.
- Retail experience and customer-oriented mindset
- Passion for commerce/product
- Excellent communication and collaboration
- Demonstrates commercial instinct as well as creative and innovative mindset when faced with business challenges
- Strong Analytical skills
- Retail math skills
- Advanced skills in Excel
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $100,000.00 and $115,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || REGIONAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9008 || n/a ||