- La Garconne
- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- 4 Dec 2022
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Assistant Buyer will support the Buyer in areas of Purchasing, Replenishment, Merchandising, Pricing and Promotion.
- Partner with the Merchandise Group in overseeing the life cycle of all products from initial sku set up to establishing purchase orders, approving order confirmations, and ensuring all products are ready to be uploaded for online sales or at our Tribeca flagship store.
- Attend seasonal market appointments and assist with product selection.
- Responsible for market notes/photos, prepare selling reports, quantify assortments and present style outs to Buyer.
- Prepare weekly selling reports and provide swap/reorder recommendations based on notable strong and weak product sell-thrus.
- Partner with CFO and Buyer in developing seasonal financial plans and budgets.
- Assist in executing promotional activities to drive in season business
- Work with cross functional partners to support the needs of the business.
- Provide market research support and competitor analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Assistant Buyer, preferably with a luxury fashion multi-brand store.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow through on all aspects of his/her assignments.
- University or college degree.
- Proven ability to multi-task, highly organized, and keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of retail math.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Macs and Google Docs.
Benefits for full-time employees include company paid health/dental/eye insurance, PTO, company matching 401K plan, paid holidays, healthcare flexible spending account, commuter benefits, etc.
La Garçonne is a leading online fashion retailer specializing in modern luxury, with flagship store in Tribeca, New York City. Founded in 2005, La Garçonne’s precise vision for ready-to-wear, footwear, accessories and home objects is rooted in modern sophistication, demonstrated in our well-curated buys punctuated by carefully selected of-the-moment pieces. Seasonal collections from both established and emerging designers move easily between androgyny, femininity, and masculinity, between bold statements and timeless classics. Our viewpoint resonates with a creative, culturally-aware global customer base, and is distilled in Moderne, La Garçonne’s in-house ready-to-wear label.
504 Greenwich Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert