Assistant Merchandise Planner
- Ralph Lauren
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 2 Feb 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We have an exciting opportunity to join and support the Assortment Planning Team as an Assistant Merchandise Planner. Your main focus is to assist in Maximising all opportunities available to achieve the inventory plan for the DTC business, whilst supporting the financial objectives. As an assistant Merchandise Planner, you will also be reporting and delivering on inventory targets. This role is Hybrid working with 2 days a week in the office based in Watford.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintaining key reports: Providing clear and accurate information to the wider Assortment planning team and key stake holders. Visibility on a weekly and monthly basis of all inventory movements (Sls Cst, Inbound, Transfers, Liquidation, Write off).
* Working closely with the Assortment planning team to maintain coding of product; Direct and collate coding for the wider team to ensure coding is maintained and in line with business expectations.
* Creating strong relationships with the warehouse in order to manage all movements between plants and ensure quarterly targets are met.
* Working closely with the buying team to understand intention and life cycle of a product. To be able to give guidance to the wider business of what action to take.
* Liaise with inventory management team to maintain Liquidation and transfer budgets.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Work on own initiative and to be pro-active
* Organize and prioritize; demonstrates logical analysis and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to manage large data sets, provide analysis on performance and trends.
* Demonstrates good listening, written and oral communication skills, effectively and clearly communicates.
* Build and maintain productive relationships within team environment.
* Strong PC and associated application skills, MS Word and advanced Excel a requirement.
* Show ability or aptitude in retail math's, and to learn technical applications quickly.
* A flexible and pro-active approach to business and systems management
* Experience of Assistant Merchandiser level 1 or entry finance level or equivalent.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert