Supply Chain Coordinator (NYC)
4 days left
- Full Time
Toteme is looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join the team in New York. As Supply Chain Coordinator you will be working with inbound and outbound delivery flows and will provide a first-class customer service experience to Toteme’s global customers. You will work closely with the Wholesale and Production teams based in Stockholm and will report to the VP of North America.
- Plan in- and outbound delivery flows and align with suppliers, forwarders, 3PL partners and customers to ensure effective supply chain operations.
- Contact the 3PL warehouse in PA daily to ensure SLA is being met.
- Provide first-class customer service to all Wholesale and E-commerce customers in NA.
- Own the B2B order fulfillment process in NA, which includes, but is not limited to:
- adapting to partners’ specific requirements (intertrade catalog, ticketing, pricing).
- updating our ERP with accurate customer shipping information and shipping terms.
- monitoring the fulfillment process at 3PL to ensure all pick/pack and shipping requirements are being met.
- creating required shipping documentation and invoices.
- following up on potential chargebacks with customers and 3PL.
- handling B2B returns.
- executing EDI compliance for all necessary partners.
- Fill out replenishment orders to own store.
- Handle stock queries, delivery discrepancies, and B2C returns.
- Stock control management – oversee the stock and ensure consistency across all systems.
- Have expert knowledge of all supply chain-related systems and Excel.
- Monitor inventory level and order E-commerce packaging material for 3PL.
- Evaluate and improve internal processes and system functionality on a regular basis.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as the business grows.
- A degree in Logistics, Economics or Business (preferred).
- Experience in a similar role within the domestic fashion industry.
- Familiarity with sales order lifecycle management, supply chain, warehouse operations, stock control, order allocation and fulfillment, and carrier management.
- Experience with inbound and outbound delivery flows and improvement of routines and processes.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Experienced user of ERP, order- and stock management systems.
- An ambitious self-starter with the ability to work operationally and strategically, independently and as part of a team.
- A fast learner with great problem-solving skills and an analytical approach.
- Service-minded with great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Competent in building and developing relationships, both internally and externally.
- Must be based in NYC and be available to start immediately.
This is a full-time position based in New York with an immediate start.