At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Working closely with the Director of Strategy and CI for the region to develop the strategic vision and business priorities for the region. Working along with Regional functional heads and the Corporate Strategy teams, the Strategy Manager role acts a centre of expertise and intelligence to translate Corporate Strategies into functional initiatives for the region and support their execution through analysis and insight.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop business strategies along with the Director of Strategy &CI to unlock key revenue and profit opportunities.
- Develop the annual Budget and 3 year plan strategic analysis and documentation for Board presentations, working closely with Finance.
- Manage and lead the MMR preparation and discussion with the Regional Leadership team.
- Drive Digital initiatives, working closely with Corporate Digital team, Region teams for Marketing, Operations, Merchandising and Finance.
- Work closely with the Region COO/CFO and Regional Directors to prepare strategic proposals for leading business negotiations with key wholesale partners.
- Resolve key strategic or process issues in the region (eg CWF Integration) through project-based approach (assess, engage & implement).
- Track and communicate external environment developments, region outlook, key market and competitor information. Develop luxury sector expertise.
- Prepare documents for all external and internal presentations by Region heads.
- Degree. Desirable: MBA or equivalent.
- Strong analytics, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable problem solving & structured strategic thinking abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Desirable: Experience and knowledge of luxury sector.
Required: Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- 3-5 years working in an analysis driven role - in strategy, consulting or finance
- Proven working ability in the following areas:
- Ability to lead discussions and interact with top management
- Ability to understand business opportunities and translate into cross functional analysis requirements
- Holistic understanding of various functions, key processes and driving factors in a retail environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle and prioritise multiple projects
- Desirable: Luxury sector, Financial expertise
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: China Mainland || Not Applicable || Shanghai || COMMERCIAL RESOURCES || CHINA STRATEGY || n/a ||