Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. The Stylist Coordinator acts as a support to the Stylists as they deliver the brand Bloomingdale's client experience. Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies
- Support stylists in creating an elevated client experience
- Make the client experience Easy, Personal, Fashionable and Fun
- Connect with clients and complete sales by ringing up merchandise on registers
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized shopping environment for our guests
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage in conversation with customers, peers and managers
- Foster partnerships with leadership team and staff, connecting with others to deliver results and solve problems
- Function as a team player who possesses the ability to work with peers, supervisors and vendors
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with customers and clients, demonstrating an energetic and positive attitude
- Ensure fitting rooms are clear of merchandise and presentable for clients
- Understand the relationship between style consciousness, product knowledge, service focus and sales results
- Make the connection between customer loyalty and repeat business
- Assist stylist in scheduling and preparing for appointments
- Know and utilize technology to meet the customers' needs and educate peers
- Provide assistance and expertise with credit and transactional related issues
- Participate in product knowledge training to gain better understanding of merchandise
- Handle multiple priorities and be the subject matter expert on new procedures in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.