Ralph Lauren Corporation is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For almost 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration
We are looking for an energetic, dynamic and passionate Buyer in Sydney to manage our Factory Outlet Menswear category on a 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract. You will be responsible for maximizing commercial opportunities through effective management of inventory, driving sales through improved availability and forecasting, reducing mark down and maximizing profit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Product category analysis, research, and the development and building of the assortment, consistent with the brand vision.
* Manage each range, based on relevant demographic, local trends, seasonality, and climate; providing detailed feedback on local styling/fit requirements; defining store cluster to a profitable outcome.
* Provide weekly summary of key performance indicators
* Develop end of season reports
* Drive sell thru performance each season to achieve targets.
* Provide historical analysis to develop seasonal planning forecasts, create in-depth post season analysis on quarterly basis.
* Conduct Competitor analysis, pricing, product and consumer research.
* Continually analysing category performance and identifying opportunities
* Work closely with Inventory Planning to develop seasonal financial plans
* Effective management of current markdown, promotional and aged inventory
* Work on initial allocation strategy for each season
* Manage local in-season stock re-balancing requirements
* Frequent store visits
* Provide range and product training to store teams
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve seasonal performance and drive best practices
* Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Minimum 5 years specific experience in fashion retail merchandising preferably Menswear.
* Analytical and planning skills
* Demonstrated Advanced MS Excel skills
* Good judgement and decision-making skills
* Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
* Strong customer awareness and understanding
* Passionate about product, strong market and brand awareness
* Professional with excellent communication skills
* Exceptionally organized, methodical and efficient.
* Time keeping & ability to meet stringent deadlines