Associate Art Director
AMIRI is looking for an experienced and talented Associate Art Director to join our Brand Department in Los Angeles. Working with the Brand Director, the Associate Art Director will oversee the creative development of branded editorial concepts, content, marketing/branding projects, and best in class digital-first creative based on marketing briefs and seasonal strategies throughout the digital space. The Associate Art Director will work with the Brand Director to ensure an elevated and cohesive Brand Image across all global visual and branded touch points (Content, Campaigns, Social, Installations, Web, Packaging).
- Lead (with a hands-on approach) the development of insightfully driven creative editorial and content concepts. Work with the ability to formulate and develop ideas with minimal oversight.
- Deliver original creative content across all digital channels, upholding luxury brand positioning and maintaining cohesive brand image. Proactively think of new content ideas and pitch to the Brand Director.
- Lead the development of presentations, pitch materials, and story boards for all major brand editorials and campaigns (concept, talent, casting, etc.). Work directly with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ensure the highest possible quality of all strategic, creative, and branded deliverables within the scope of brand projects and marketing objectives. Work with cross-functional departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of adjacent visual strategies.
- Have a clear understanding and overview of the content calendar and all creative requirements and deadlines to maximize the amount of brand deliverables each quarter.
- Receive seasonal feedback from commercial teams on product-driven initiatives and ideate product-focused content to support business goals.
- Maintain and refresh library of creative partners and the agencies representing them (Photographers, Directors, Stylists, Animators, etc.). Pitch to Director of Brand seasonally.
- Art direct on assigned shoots (photography & video), working with the photographer, stylist, glam, art crew, producer, and models in proper execution of shoot concept.
- Lead creative on post-production of all visual projects (selects, retouching notes, video editing, sound design). Provide appropriate crops for website and social media. Catalog all final images in Dropbox and share with relevant teams.
- Help with layout for all print and media placements based on final concept approval.
- Ideate and design visual layout of all retail construction hoardings. Oversee artwork handoff to Retail Operations and Store Planning.
- Oversee art direction of e-commerce photography and ensure quality execution and consistency across all product categories.
- Support E-Commerce team and provide visual guidelines for website, newsletter, and other visual web initiatives.
- Monitor corporate brand identity and assist to establish visual guidelines (logo sizing, typeface, packaging, print material, corporate documents, etc.). Pitch packaging concepts and own design process of new packaging categories. Work with external vendors or agencies as needed.
- Support Social Media team on visual planning of social media posts and layouts.
- Work with Visual Merchandising and provide seasonal mood boards and campaign visuals to create cohesive visual strategy across digital and physical touch points.
- Liaise with external Art Directors and Creative Directors as assigned per project, ensuring project brief and internal feedback is communicated clearly and accurately.
- Mentor and support junior creative staff toward the goal of accelerating skill progression through a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Keep up to date with emerging cultural trends in fashion, design, film, art, media, and technology as relevant to the AMIRI brand vision.
- Adhoc creative projects as assigned by Brand Director.
- 5+ years of experience as an Art Director or Jr. Art Director in an internal brand environment or creative agency.
- Must maintain a full understanding of the creative, photographic, and digital processes as they relate to photoshoots and video production.
- Must have experience leading photo/video shoots.
- Must have experience of typography and graphic design principles.
- Strong understanding of branding and identity.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in production is a huge plus.
- Portfolio required.