General Manager, Rodeo Drive
Purpose and Objective:
AMIRI is looking for a General Manager for its Rodeo Drive location! This key store leadership role will be responsible for supporting retail business objectives by achieving, maintaining, and driving the following:
- Sales Responsibilities
- Retail Operations
- Personnel Management
- Detail-Oriented in-Store Operations
Working alongside and reporting to the Management team, the GM will be a strong and charismatic leader who thrives building relationships with both internal and external parties. The GM will serve as a strong ambassador of the AMIRI brand and values, including compassionate leadership, strong business acumen, and enthusiastic ambition. Our ideal GM knows that quality customer service and a commitment to teamwork should never suffer, no matter how busy the location may be!
- Motivate staff to achieve all sales targets set by the Company, build a strong client base, and develop sales plans.
- With the Director of Retail, analyze and interpret sales figures and CRM activity to develop employee and store goal targets.
- Develop and execute strategies for sales generation to meet goal targets.
- Oversee in-store promotional displays and customer events, liaising with visual merchandising and press department where necessary.
- Maintaining awareness of local & luxury market trends and monitoring local competition activity.
- Building relationships with local and VIP clients; works closely with the PR department and coordinates events.
- Routinely demonstrate exemplary customer service, escalating issues to leadership team when appropriate.
- Thoroughly train team in line with AMIRI’s customer service best practices—from greeting customers, to closing sales, to handling challenging client issues in line with Company standards.
- In coordination with the Corporate team, complete visual merchandising directives as required in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with local, industry, and luxury trends – addressing with Director of Retail.
- Efficiently oversee the day-to-day operations of the store, minimizing costs and risks.
- Partner with Director of Retail to train team on loss prevention best practices.
- Complete regular Health, Safety, and Compliance audits for the HR/Facilities team.
- Serve as the COVID safety officer, completing local certification courses as well as administering COVID health and safety-related guidelines at the store level to ensure safety of clients and staff.
- Partner with neighbors, property management, and landlords to ensure building/facilities are kept in prime condition. Train staff on common workplace injury prevention, specific to the store location.
- Maintain store in exceptionally clean, organized, and presentable condition. Create policies and systems to ensure staff is aware of the expectations for cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Motivate, guide, encourage, and support all store staff.
- Address basic/common personnel issues at the store level; completing required documentation for HR and following the rules, guidelines, and principles of AMIRI performance management.
- Lead the recruitment process in coordination with HR – from sourcing throughout new hire onboarding.
- Partner with Merchandising and Sales teams to complete regular product and/or promotional knowledge with each new collection with all staff.
- Partner with Human Resources to complete and administer 90-Day reviews, annual reviews, and employee development plans in line with Company values and benchmarks.
- Regularly update the staff on business performance, Company initiatives, and other relevant updates.
- Train staff on all required/essential duties of each position.
- Create and publish schedules weekly, in line with local guidelines and regulations.
Desired Experience & Talent:
- 2-3 years' progressively responsible luxury retail management, directly supervising a non-exempt employee population.
- Strong familiarity with the AMIRI brand, aesthetic, and narrative.
- Experience working locally.
- Strong familiarity with local and federal labor laws.
- Strong systems proficiency, including Microsoft Excel, Teams, and general CRM and POS.
- Additional language skills a plus.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Mike Amiri built a formative philosophy from his upbringing in the heart of Hollywood. Along Sunset blvd, surrounded by graffiti artists, skaters and musicians, the groundwork for the AMIRI collection was formed through an authentic inspiration of Los Angeles nostalgia.
The AMIRI collection was launched in 2014 as an exclusive capsule within the Los Angeles boutique Maxfield. The pieces were designed to incorporate elements of California culture understood by natives, while also featuring street elements to define a new, modern form of luxury.
In 2015, the brand expanded distribution upon the sucess of the capsule and, in 2016, introduced women’s ready to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Each AMIRI collection is centered around local manufacturing, with RTW produced in the LA Arts District from materials sourced in Italy, Japan and France. The spirit of AMIRI pieces emanates from a genuine perspective combining irreverent, handmade expertise with luxurious, global fabrications.
Mike endeavors to consistently retain an individualized approach with each garment. Heritage elements such as distress detailing, signature denim washes and artisanal treatments are now synonymous with the AMIRI identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert