Group Treasury Manager (12 month FTC)
Please note that this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- To lead Treasury initiatives to automate processes and improve efficiency across the Group.
- To provide Treasury support on projects and operations across the Group where Treasury representation is required.
- To support the Group Treasurer with banking and money market fund relationships.
- To prepare and provide reports to senior management on Treasury matters as appropriate.
· Lead ongoing improvements in Treasury reporting including identification and design
· Support business with Treasury needs including with joint ventures and in emerging markets.
· Main Treasury contact for executing and delivering corporate simplification and Group finance projects.
· Review of forecasts to identify and drive potential dividends for repatriation to group centre in conjunction with Group Treasurer
· Support Intercompany loans process
· Partner with the business by assisting with the procurement of guarantee facilities involving negotiation of terms and the issuance of guarantees.
· Monthly reporting for FX cashflows, guarantees issued and other Treasury matters.
· Quarterly review of credit ratings of banking partners
· Manage MMF relationships and perform quarterly review of fund performance and underlying holdings
· Support Group Treasurer in managing and developing relationship with credit rating agency, including analysis of metrics
· Day to day contact for banking partners for compliance related requirements (e.g. banks KYC requirements)
· Support Group Treasurer annual bond assurance process of Burberry's sustainability bond from Treasury perspective. Coordinate workstreams of eligible projects (cotton/construction/packaging). Ensure PLC website is updated as required in relation to Debt.
· To manage the Group's NI hedging programme and ensure appropriate counterparties are continually available to support any hedging activity (currently through equity swaps).
· Provide cover for Treasury Analyst daily cash management when required
· Treasury support for Group projects
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Graduate Level.
· Association of Corporate Treasurers AMCT Diploma in Treasury passed with an interest in studying for the MCT Advanced Diploma.
· Experience of working in a multi-national corporate Treasury department.
· Experience of cash management structures and FX management techniques.
· Use of FIS Integrity and electronic banking systems highly advantageous.
· Strong communication skills - written and oral
· Works on own initiative; self-motivated; adaptable; able to work in fast-paced, changeable environment; solution-driven
· Good team player; ability to prioritise tasks within tight timescales
· Strong analytical background, with close attention to detail
· Proven track record of delivering improvements
· Advanced Excel Skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || TREASURY || n/a ||