Project Manager, Construction
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a Project Manager, Construction you will be managing and coordinating the project delivery of various store construction projects across Europe, the Middle East and India. Using the Burberry gateway management process and systems, you'll be representing Burberry on project teams, ensuring works are delivered on time and within budget whilst maintaining the design vision.
- Project managing a portfolio of luxury store fit out projects across the EMEIA Region, ensuring they are within programme, budget and design tolerances
- Developing and establishing briefs of project objectives, maintaining stakeholder communication and highlighting strategic and policy issues for the development team
- Preparing and updating overall construction strategies, programmes, schedules and other documentation to monitor and track objectives
- Supporting the real-estate team in all aspects necessary to secure strong leases for Burberry, and communicating of any issues concerning the landlord during the works
- Managing the contractor tender process and associated activities of the development team, the general contractor, specialist contractors and relevant suppliers
- Defining and maintaining a project cost plan covering all aspects of the planned CAPEX and OPEX
- Analysing individual works package contracts and identifying the key interfaces, critical path and milestones
- Advising on all areas of risk to the works and associated risk management
- Carrying out inspections both on and off-site of the works by the general contractor, specialist contractors and suppliers appointed, and then effectively communicating to the business on progress
- Monitoring and verifying logistics plans for the works provided by the general contractor, specialist contractors and suppliers
- Advising on the strategy around procurement of construction packages, organising purchase orders for works required to complete the project, and managing the orderly handover of the site to the business
- Managing and completing store closures, following Burberry standard processes
- Managing and developing contact with stakeholders, internal and external
- Working on additional corporate projects, ranging from local offices to factories and the supply chain
- Relevant experience of managing construction project delivery in the EMEIA region
- Understanding of luxury retail construction
- Strong commercial acumen with financial and investigative capability. Ability to budget and manage project costs and a solid understanding of financial reconciliation of construction related costs
- Ability to manage tenders process, analyse bids and negotiate costs
- Flexibility in dealing with and reacting to changing priorities
- Ability to manage matrix teams including consultants, 3rd party providers and local teams to ensure timely completion and maintenance of global standard for all projects and delivery of agreed milestones
- Proficiency in MS Project, from analysing a construction schedule to completing/updating a construction schedule.
- Excellent communication ability, confident in presenting and sharing information effectively in cross functional-teams
- Experience of managing multiple projects and a demonstrated track record of delivering against pre-defined requirements in a timely manner
- Excellent prioritisation ability.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert