Battersea Store Supervisor
Job Title: Battersea Store Supervisor
Reporting to: Store Manager
Location: Battersea Power Station
Contract Type: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Prospective Start Date: Late January 2023
At ME+EM we are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our office and stores are always busy and fast-paced, but we work just as hard to make sure it’s fun, with monthly socials, activities and bi-annual parties. We pride ourselves on being approachable and supportive, and we make sure that everyone has a voice with employee-led committees and quarterly town hall meetings, and that everyone’s hard work is rewarded. Our values lie at the core of who we are as a business, how we operate and what we strive to be for our employees. We pride ourselves on being a Family, Fearless, Focused and Fashionable.
It takes all these things to build a strong, successful business and our door is always open to new talent ready to contribute to our growth and evolution.
About the Role:
The ME+EM Supervisor is dedicated to customer service, team morale and driving results. You have a keen understanding of the brand vision and stay up to date on industry trends. You understand the role of retail in our omni-channel business while representing the brand ethos. You have a confident and inviting presence on the shopfloor, you have strong commercial understanding of the retail environment. You are a clear communicator who can demonstrate and delegate key tasks to others. You are a role model to your peers and inspire high standards for the concession at all times.
The successful candidate must have the flexibility to work across 7 days a week working 8 hour shifts, with working patterns ranging from 8am-8pm.
- Provide the best customer experience to all who visit our Battersea Store Be confident in building organic and long-lasting relationships with customers
- Drive sales by utilising visual merchandising, and be aware of the importance of CRM
- Carryout personal styling sessions with confidence.
- Promote where possible the omni channel experience
- Have a high level of product knowledge, attend regular product review meetings and relay new information to the team.
- Ensure the protection and use of stock is in the best interests of the business and report any inaccuracies to the Store Manager.
- Assist with the store recall process.
- Understand the Elucid back office and be a super user for back-office processes
- Assist with training and coaching the team by leading by example on the shop floor.
- Assist with identifying training needs and arrange sessions with the Compliance manager to fill the gaps.
- Supervising the floor in absence of the management
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in sales associate roles, preferably already at a senior level who wants to progress further in retail management
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced retail environment
- Able to provide examples of developing others and contributing to a sales team.
- Team player, communication skills, positive attitude, proactive, can-do mindset
- Able to provide examples of leading by example, developing others and contributing to the success of the company
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off
- Various Health and Wellbeing insurances
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Length of Service Award
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Sample sales
- Real Living Wage Employer
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.