The Pelham Diamond Division concentrates on improving our diamond expertise, high level customer service and strengthening of our internal processes. Tiffany diamonds are sourced with care and consideration. From the moment diamonds are unearthed as rough stones and throughout their journey to polished gemstones, we believe the diamond sector can contribute positive value to the communities it operates within. As a leader in diamond traceability, we don't just adhere to industry standards-we lead by example. Over the past 15 years, we have implemented strategy that gives us a strong chain-of-custody process for our diamonds, in part because we have direct oversight of our diamond cutting and polishing workshops. Responsibilities:
The Melee Diamond Grader is responsible for the complete grading of all melee diamonds: Rounds <.18ct. as well as fancy shape diamonds evaluated within the melee grading standard. The Grader will understand and maintain Tiffany & Co. standards and grading methodologies as they pertain to grading color, clarity, fluorescence and make as well as verification of size and minimum weight. In addition, the Melee Diamond Grader is responsible for accurately sorting diamonds into the designated quality ranges within the Tiffany standards and applying the grading procedures associated with diamonds sourced internally as well as diamonds purchased from external suppliers.
- Apply Tiffany & Co. gemological standards in all aspects of Diamond Grading of both rounds and fancy shapes, including: Color, Clarity, Fluorescence and Make to ensure that diamonds meet Tiffany & Co. standards.
- Apply appropriate TGL policies and procedures in all aspects of the grading process for both internally and externally sourced diamonds and incorporate new and updated standards and guidelines as they are implemented.
- Understand priorities and departmental projects as set forth by Diamond Division management and maintain projected productivity levels based on these priorities by completing the full grading process with efficiency and accuracy.
- Responsible for participation in Lab ISO certification requirements including regularly scheduled verification of instruments and complete understanding and practice of the TGL Grading Lab and Chain of Diamond Custody Quality Policies and Objectives.
- Adhere to all Diamond Division and Tiffany & Co. workplace policies and procedures and ensure that all safety measures and guidelines are followed throughout the Tiffany Gemological Lab.
- Diamond Graduate Degree or equivalent
- 1 year or more Diamond Grading experience
- Operational Knowledge of: Microscope/Loupe; Millimeter Guage; Color
- Grading process, Fluorescence grading
- Must be able to work with a microscope for extended periods
- Ability to work in detail with accuracy
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Proficiency in mathematical computations
- Proficiency in MS Office - Excel/Word/Outlook
- Must comply with all company policies & procedures including but not limited to: Safety; Confidentiality; Security;
- Must be flexible and willing to change responsibilities within the Department
- Graduate Gemologist Degree
- Bachelor or Associate Degree
The hiring range for this position ranges from $23.50 - $31.79 per hour. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.