Men's RTW Designer
- Los Angeles, California
- Up to $100,000 USD
- Closing date
- 10 Dec 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
What You'll Deliver:
- Support Head of Design with daily tasks and seasonal projects.
- Research for seasonal design concepts.
- Collect Trend/Vintage research based on seasonal inspiration.
- Create and maintain seasonal boards and digital versions and keep boards updated after meetings and fittings.
- Assist in design and set up of mock-ups and trials.
- Set up of Tech Packs and hand off to tech design team.
- Assist with sketch annotations for SMS (coordinating with Technical Designer to ensure all information is in-line with SMS Tech Packs).
- Edit sketches in Adobe Illustrator and photoshop.
- Setting up and editing line sheets in Adobe Illustrator.
- Attending fittings when necessary (proto /SMS stage – assist in collating design information for Tech Packs).
- Manage and organize trims/labels/combo fabrics etc for protos and sms.
- Coordinate with sample room for any alterations for Show/Market.
- Assist during style outs and Ecommerce shoots.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met.
- Other duties, projects and tasks as assigned by management.
What You'll Offer:
- Excellent hand sketching and rendering skills preferably in digital programs such as Procreate
- Experience in cut & sew, tailoring or denim preferred
- High taste level and organizational skills required
- Deep working knowledge of materials and trim
- Ability to create and manage tech packs across multiple product categories
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and have ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with luxury market and trends.
- Ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently.
Perks & Benefits:
- Full package benefits including medical, dental, vision.
- Voluntary disability and life insurance
- Paid paternity leave
- 401k match
- Growth and collaborative opportunities
- Unlimited PTO policy - we trust our employees to manage their time!
- Flexible work schedule
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Mike Amiri built a formative philosophy from his upbringing in the heart of Hollywood. Along Sunset blvd, surrounded by graffiti artists, skaters and musicians, the groundwork for the AMIRI collection was formed through an authentic inspiration of Los Angeles nostalgia.
The AMIRI collection was launched in 2014 as an exclusive capsule within the Los Angeles boutique Maxfield. The pieces were designed to incorporate elements of California culture understood by natives, while also featuring street elements to define a new, modern form of luxury.
In 2015, the brand expanded distribution upon the sucess of the capsule and, in 2016, introduced women’s ready to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Each AMIRI collection is centered around local manufacturing, with RTW produced in the LA Arts District from materials sourced in Italy, Japan and France. The spirit of AMIRI pieces emanates from a genuine perspective combining irreverent, handmade expertise with luxurious, global fabrications.
Mike endeavors to consistently retain an individualized approach with each garment. Heritage elements such as distress detailing, signature denim washes and artisanal treatments are now synonymous with the AMIRI identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert