Senior Art Director
Public Clothing Company is hiring a Senior Art Director with at least 12+ years of strong brand and digital design background to lead content direction and digital asset creation for ATM Collection and Derek Lam 10 Crosby. You’ll partner closely with Design and Marketing teams to define and bring the brands’ unique point-of-view to life across all digital and physical channels.
You will bring the brand stories to life: concept, create and visualize each brand across all channels -- including Brand Campaigns and Editorial shoots, E-commerce, Email, Paid Media, social media. This role balances the responsibilities of running projects, leading concept development, owning the brand standards and rolling up your sleeves to work out the details and build processes. No matter the task, you seek to build an authentic connection with our most important audiences.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Articulate storytelling for both brand and translate them to visual stories across all channels
- Lead design for all digital channels - including e-commerce, email, paid and social media
- Concept & ideation for seasonal campaigns (photo and video shoots)
- Own brand identity, tone of voice, and point of differentiation based on data and consumer analysis
- Develop brand guidelines and range of marketing materials, designing projects through to production
- Lead creative team of 3-4: Content Design, Production, and Copywriting
- Concept Email franchises and design weekly email newsletters
- Lead Creative Strategy and design for Social Media campaigns (Paid and Organic)
- Storyboard and design aesthetic approach for all digital content to reflect the brand
- Lead creative production, supporting Creative Director on casting Talent (i.e. Models, Photographers, Directors) for Look Books and Seasonal stories. Through all formats including copy, imagery, video and gifs
- Lead UX/UI design on key e-commerce updates
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- 6+ years of creative storytelling experience in advertising, branding or in-house at Lifestyle or fashion brands.
- At least two years of people management skills with the ability to capitalize on the strengths of teammates, motivate and develop.
- Ability to think strategically and translate commercial stories into creative ideas following commercial objectives.
- A true data driven storyteller. Well versed in data and analytics as a core part of briefing, concept development and optimization of creative when it's in market.
- Inspiring team leader, Strong communication skills and can work collaboratively both across channels and departments
- Able to handle large scale projects along with day-to-day deliverables within established timelines and deliverables
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as needed.
- Ability to develop a culture and environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute business strategy.
- Confident with day-to-day design deliverables
- Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch