A fantastic opportunity to join the Head Office of a successful and rapidly growing fashion business. We are looking for a proactive and efficient team player with an entrepreneurial spirit to assist with our strategic growth and expansion plans.
- Managing the development of our womenswear ranges from design sketches to bulk production
- Accurately interpret sketches with manufacturers and ensure that prototypes and samples are cost effectively manufactured to company standards
- Establish credibility and provide strong leadership, managing Critical Path and the development of all collections
- You will negotiate with suppliers to get the best results in terms of price, timing and quality
- You will travel to suppliers, continuously reviewing and reporting on their ability to manufacture high quality products that are delivered on the agreed critical path dates.
- Effectively liaise with design & merch to ensure that lead times are respected for the issue of range plans, design packs, proto and pre-production set samples.
- A strong knowledge of garment costing is essential
- Proto-types and pre-production samples must be costed and signed off prior to the commencement of production.
- Adhere to proto-type, sample and production financial budgets.
- Responsible for running a very small atelier Specify, approve and control garment fit, construction and quality throughout the sample and production processes
- Detail, maintain and communicate garment specifications using tech packs
- Responsible for the update and accuracy of Zedonk for RM inventory and BOM costing.
- Management of the Product library including HTS codes
- To demonstrate an empathy with design and a strong creative affinity, passion & respect for the brand
- Extensive knowledge of global manufacturers who produce woven and knitted goods, primarily in UK & Europe.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 5 years Production or Product Development experience
- Solid working knowledge of construction, patterns, materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience of sourcing and developing raw materials
- Proven project management experience and Critical Path experience
- Excellent PC skills (Design Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to think proactively, spot red flags and identify solutions
- A team player understanding cross-functional dependencies
- People management experience
- Enjoys working in a highly pressurized environment
- Adaptable to meet the ever changing demands of the business.
- Salary dependant on experience